Gibson Brands Forums

What is your favourite effectpedal?

Ricochet

Funny you should mention that. I had a Boss rack overdrive in the '80s. Couldn't stand it before the amp' date=' but it worked wonders going straight into a Fostex. I did a very good Santana back then...well, in my own mind anyway.[/quote']

Ricochet,

What happened to the Boss?

I only own one... And it is the best overdrive I have ever heard...

http://www.music123.com/MI-Audio-Blues-Pro-Overdrive-Pedal-150348-i1395121.Music123

Turn up the overdrive and you have the sweetest souding distortion !!!!

i just picked one up yesterday, but the toggle was broken.

It sounds pretty transparent so I think it stuck in the overdrive, not the fuzz.

I've been fooling around with it and my EVJ. Great Overdrive so far!

I mostly play without any pedals. I like the sound of the guitar.

If I were to pick a favorite (multi) pedal, it would have to be the Pod XT Live. When I first got it, I was intimidated by its complexity. Now that I've had it a couple years, and added a lot of custom settings, I love the variety of sounds I get from the thing.

I find it easier to use than my pedalboard. All my favorite sounds are ready at the tap of a footswitch. The knob-twiddling is already done and saved.

This is one of the reasons why my G-DEC 30 would be my second favorite.

Here's an irony. About 10 years ago I was able to chain together two pedals which I don't like' date=' and go straight into a MD 8 track and get *exactly* the guitar sound I'd been hearing in my head for 14 years. I've never used either of these pedals regularly because I can't stand the sound of each individually.

Has anybody else had this experience?[/quote']

Not the exact same thing but yeah the happy accident syndrome. Doesn't happen as often as it used to or I would like it to.

Have an MD8 also. Upgraded a few years ago but still good for sketching ideas and not having to page through menus just pop in the disk and go.

Boss BD-2 - Keeley modded w/PHAT has toneful 2nd order harmonic distortion great for blues/rock (CCR & ZZ Top type fullness w/power and feeling). With the Keeley compressor and good valve amps it always takes me THERE.

But for versatility aspects (say doing a set with surf rock, classic rock, blues, funk) I'd pick my POD 2.0 into valve amp.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

Well, not always true. I just traded in my 78 marshall JMP mark 2 master vol head and sound city 4 12s bottom because, after I got my line 6 flextone, it sat in the closet for 8 years. My tube days are over and I don't miss it. Plus for 400$ more I got these two beautys. Stan.MVC-011F-1.jpg

Archived