Gibson Brands Forums

Wildkat lounging with the rest of the pride

Gashole

Thanks guys. It's taken me quite a while to gather them, and many that helped bring them along are gone...I am trying really hard now not to trade any away. Ain't none of them super expensive, none are "vintage" -the L6S is from '79, the rest are 90's and 00's, the Les paul Classic I got for a US St. Strat and 300 bucks...it's the most "valuable" of all of them moneywise. The Tele I won in a raffle from a radio station in Nashville. Anyway, I can cover just about all of my possible musical needs with these axes, and I do so love to just look at them!

Very nice collection' date=' but it screams for a P-90 Les Paul...=P~ [/quote']

I can hear the scream too...echoing from the distance...

I was just thinking that very thought at work today actually. I'll need to wait a tactful amount of time to avoid any maritial conflagurations but maybe around the first of the year after I've bought her something good for christmas maybe...

There's an EPI Goldtop w/ P90's isn't there? Any others that you like?

First time I ever saw a silverburst L6-S. Way cool.

The great thing is it was free! My wife inherited it from her brother back in '85 when he went off to college. He never could pick it up, no musical talent or drive I guess. Suzanne never learned to play either, but kept lugging it around...we met in '89...I made her mine, er maybe the other way around, in '91, and shortly after she gave me the axe with the caveat that it could never be traded. So there it is! We were "common law" until 3 years ago, so I guess I might not have had any legal claim until then lol.

She has supplied me with 3 guitars: The one I just mentioned, the Jay Turser Archtop, and a Takimine G series that isn't pictured (nor my Alvarez or Bass, need a bigger couch!) She's a keeper!

Archived