Gibson Brands Forums

just found a jackson jb50c in my drawer...

Stevie Nazarenie

just found a jackson jb50c in my drawer... i have no diagram of how to wire it. or if it is a bridge or neck pickup. how much better would it be than the g400 standard pickup? is it worth the hassle. i would like an angus young type sustain. he says he doesn't use any pedals or anything am i gonna get it with this? and what about cleans? the pole pieces seem rusty!!!](*,)

is that a joke? 8-[ i'm not sure. any way i've seen some tips on cleaning them but some say leave them reliced.

i have also just ordered some bees wax and parafin wax off ebay. i shall be potting my old sg pickups maybe that'll give the g400 a new lease of life. i don't remember how they sound. what differences will i notice from the stock g400's?

i've seen some tips on cleaning them but some say leave them reliced.

If there's a layer of rusty muck on the polepieces I'd remove it for chance it might interfere with the magnetic field. I wouldn't worry about dis-colouration though.

• 2 weeks later...

i didn't think about it too hard. the wire would not reach so i think it's gone in upside down. i have no idea what that does to a pickup. it's hard to get a feel of the gain between neck and bridge. i have it in the bridge and a dream 180 in the neck. sometimes the 180 seems more powerfull than the j50 but it depends on the amp model i'm using. it's pretty good clean. it's very bright i am not using any active circuit with it. this is one of those it can do both pickups. but i never had the circuitry.

i will put it in the other way around but i'll have to buy some wire. what's recommended? i'll be on ebay for it.

Archived