Gibson Brands Forums

What G-400 is this???

superjudge3

If the owner removed the covers for higher output, I assume they know something about guitars and wouldn't think twice about changing knobs.

As far as the dots go, it's entirely possible that they had dots at one point in the past. TWANG knows better than I do, though I'm not sure if he's still around here. It was made in 1994, so there's quite a bit of time between that model and the current ones.

Didja buy it? Sweet looking guitar if you ask me & rumor has it the Korean guitars play well. I changed the knobs on mine because I like the speed knobs better & the silver insert was missing from one of the volume knobs on the originals.

Big 'oops' on that neck joint. Hard to believe they used to make G-400s that bad.

I was just watching Greg Bennet display his Samick Torino model, and boast of how the neck joint on that guitar is longer and stronger overall than your 'typical guitar of this type'.

Looking at it made me realize that they never did an alteration to their Torino to build an Epiphone SG except for the headstock.

Bennet claims the wood used on the guitar is Nato in both neck and body, a wood similar in many ways to Mahogany he claims.

watch 'overview'

http://www.gregbennettguitars.com/tr1.html

I have a 2001 Korean and it is awesome. It has been through so much with me. If that guitar could talk!

I feel almost stupid now for making this thread. Because I now remember when I asked this same question about 5 years ago at the old forums. I had forgotten that G-400s before 1995 had dot inlays and different knobs as well as some other differences.

Archived