Gibson Brands Forums

Epi prices going up Sept 1?

ef_in_fla

The G-400 has always changed from $349 to $419 then back down or around that range, then once at American Musical Supply it was $299 for like a month! So I doubt the prices will go that high, but $50-75 is a lot really. Especially if your in your early 20s and broke like me!

I heard about this 3 months ago from my GC bud.

I even made a thread about it here but the Mods deleted my thread and sent me a warning. Nice.

Guess I wasnt far off at all.

:- :)

Great. I should be getting banned any minute now. It's bad enough that they don't give us a heads up on price increases and discontinued models, but we also get reprimanded for telling others. I don't understand their logic unless they are ashamed of what they are doing. Bush and Cheney mastered that concept during the past 8 years.

Great. I should be getting banned any minute now. It's bad enough that they don't give us a heads up on price increases and discontinued models' date=' but we also get reprimanded for telling others. I don't understand their logic unless they are ashamed of what they are doing. Bush and Cheney mastered that concept during the past 8 years.[/quote']

Nah youll be fine. Epiphone has even advertised through GC and MF that they are raising prices this time around so the Ban hammer shouldnt even Nod your way.

Great. I should be getting banned any minute now. It's bad enough that they don't give us a heads up on price increases and discontinued models' date=' but we also get reprimanded for telling others. I don't understand their logic unless they are ashamed of what they are doing. Bush and Cheney mastered that concept during the past 8 years.[/quote']

oh here we go](*,)

LP customs will probably go up to 50.

I doubt most of the ones listed will actually go up.

pretty much right on i believe. the front guy in my band is the gm at sam ash. he just told me that today cuz i had my eye on a very nice AW custom at his store

This issue was a hard one for me not to over-react on. I think that all in all, Epiphones have been priced around the same for quite some time now. I mean, the Epi Les Paul plain-top at $399 for all finishes was a GREAT deal, to me. The rise to $449 was probably overdue and a bit more like it for the market. But, I do think that Epi is pushing it a bit with this one. $549 for the Plain-top right now?????? It is quite well known now what kind of price saving mystery mixes of "wood" Epi uses now, and I could see $549 with a solid MAPLE cap under the top veneer, but this increase goes past the "inflation" issue IMO. If Epiphone "has to" raise their prices due to cost issues, then they have failed as a business in the first place. If their costs to make these guitars have risen so much now being made in CHINA (which took a while for people to accept as it was), then maybe the next step should be Indonesia? Who knows, whats the difference anyway. My $249 Squier Vintage Modified P Bass (Made in Indonesia) knocks my socks off for the money/quality/performance ratio. Their new "Classic Vibe" series is said to be absolutely killer as well. Epi needs to get with it. I haven't totally turned my back on Epi yet, but they are now entering price ranges that they almost have no business in.

Ok, back to happy Epiphone discussion...........

Archived