Gibson Brands Forums

Post pictures of your Les Paul

BlueLesPaul2006

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a pic of my Standard w/ DiMarzios, although in this pic from last summer it has the SD 59s still in it. The Ultra II with SD 59s to follow when I get some good pics of it.

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

Hey Twang

I have one of those with the banana headstock too. Really wish that I had one of the Alpine Whites. That is one sweet looking guitar!

how the hell did you get it for that price?

A store in Fountain Valley California was having a clearance sale on LP's. Take note of the year though 1977 thirty-one years ago $500 bought a whole lot more in 1977 than it does now. It still broke my bank account. I had to sell my 1975 Telecaster Custom to reimburse my bank account.

A store in Fountain Valley California was having a clearance sale on LP's. Take note of the year though 1977 thirty-one years ago $500 bought a whole lot more in 1977 than it does now. It still broke my bank account. I had to sell my 1975 Telecaster Custom to reimburse my bank account.

Damn i wish i could get one for that price. how about i give you $600 for it? that way you will get some profit. hahahaha i wish

Stuck in the middle is my Epi Elitist LP' date=' Gibson standard on left, Agile AL3100M on right.

[img']http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q98/weeladdie2007/family_portrait.jpg[/img]

Very nice! I've been thinking about getting an AL-3000M HSB Plain Top. Do you find that the maple top brightens up the sound considerably, or not really all that much? Still, a very nice guitar for the money.

JS - bring on the Agiles. I just bought a tribal blue AL-3100. I love it.

I think what he was trying to say was that he doesn't want to support the illegal activities of the counterfeiters' date=' but he is curious as to the quality level of their product. I don't see the harm in curiosity.

I don't condone prostitution either, but I have wondered at times how much I might or might not enjoy sleeping with one. On the same logic, if I date a girl who is also a prostitute, does that make me a criminal by proxy? No, it just makes me a person with arguably bad judgement and poor taste. So, in a way, buying a used counterfeit guitar is like dating a hooker. Buying a new one is like soliciting a hooker. Buying a counterfeit guitar and then finding out it's a fake is like meeting a girl, taking her home to mom, and then finding out she's a hooker.

[/quote']

My reading and comprehension of the English language is fine. "Curious enough" to willingly buy a fake is supporting counterfeit. You might as well condone stealing. "I think what he was trying say" was to ask for the website of counterfeit guitars and ask if he could borrow one...

Comparing fakes/stealing with prostitution... Alltho both criminal activity by law(in some countries), the first is trading other people's stuff, and the second is trading your own bodily parts. How ever misguided that may be, that is a given right to any living individual.

TNX for the analogy, now I know why I don't like relics....geez.

Epi #1

`04 Epi Les Paul Classic - Trans Black

pickups - WB Heaven & Hell http://www.wbpickups.com/

CTS Pots,

Gibson switch

Speed Knobs

orange caps

s59ul2.jpg

Epi #2

`06 Epi Les Paul Classic - Trans Black

pickups BurstBucker Pro's - Zebra

CTS Pots

Gibson Switch

Speed Knobs

Chrome Pup Rings

orange caps

14ax55x.png

Epi #3

`04 Epi 1966 G-400 Limited Edition Reissue

pickups Seymour Duncan JB / 59

Gibson Switch

8ayeflg.jpg

Gibson Les Paul VM

23hm0jb.jpg

Amps

Ampeg Reverbrockets in stereo..

24fi6ja.jpg

Yes' date=' if you buy it from the counterfeiter knowing that it's fake. He bought it from a guy who wanted to get rid of it, that's a different matter.[/quote']

Agreed. But he was refering to a guy who wanted to buy a new fake.

And since he seems hung up on law and thinks prostitution is a criminal activity. Knowingly buying counterfeit/stolen goods is fencing and forbidden by law.

It's not that I object to buying counterfeit/fake goods per se, it's the excuses people come up with to craddle their conscience.

Nothing personal at either Generation zero or the Presley guy.

Heres a new pic of my No1 guitar and my new(old) Flextone II combo.

These two beautys are the perfect answer too the Cover band Im in.

And thank goodness cause My Laney 1/2 stack was getting incredibly cumbersome dragging around and just too much amp for most of the playing we do.

Now I have too decide whether too go Creme pick up rings or Creme/Zebra Humbuckers or Both?????

p1010368ys5.jpg

Archived