Gibson Brands Forums

Those silly goofballs in China

RotcanX

So, the other day my buddy is in the store and we're looking over his '95 Gibson LP Classic Plus, doing a little bit of tuning (he had a buzzy bridge wire and some bizarre verdigris buildup on the neck joint) and we start comparing his Gibby to a brand new DW Epiphone LP Plaintop. So I pop the cavity cover on the DW for a look-see, all is pretty nice inside, lots of Philippine mahogany though and not a lick of maple to be seen.. when suddenly I get this feeling that someting is not quite kosher here. Sure enough, those silly boys at DW managed to get the cavity cover 180° reversed.. which is a pretty good trick since they have to rout the body wrong for that to happen. Looks really weird, I'll tell ya. Anybody else got a DW LP with a rotated cavity cover? Blows my mind how these guys can goof up the easy stuff.

those silly boys at DW managed to get the cavity cover 180° reversed.. which is a pretty good trick since they have to rout the body wrong for that to happen. Looks really weird' date=' I'll tell ya.[/quote']

Is it just the cover or did they manage to reverse the controls as well? Like on the PRS Tremonti? Which I happen to think of as the only decent placement of controls on a LP type.

tremonti_M.jpg

Archived