Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton II bridge saddles

Prozac86

I need help plz.

The bridge saddles on my Korean Sheraton II are loose. Even when i have my strings on fully tuned I can move the saddles to their sides. The screws that hold the saddles are also loose. Anyone knows how to solve this problem? A bit of Teflon maybe?

Also in the future I want to replace my bridge with a new one.

I have searched everywhere but I can't find one with the right dimensions.(see below) #-o

Anyone has a suggestion on this?

27242379ux5.jpg

You can check the offerings at www.stewmac.com but that is the old-style Samick bridge which may not be compatible with true tune-o-matic units. You may find that you have to re-do the inserts that the posts screw in to (i.e. pull the existing inserts, fill the holes with dowels and re-drill for new inserts) in order to get a proper TOM bridge to fit.

www.wdmusic.com

had a few left.. they are no longer being manufactured. I think I have one. You can also call them. It fits except you have to keep one set

of the studs that go into the body.. the new ones are larger.. as I recall.. here, I'll show you pics of mine..

oh and by the way.. when you get a new bridge.. remember to use a light machine oil.. or some graph tech.. put in on the screw threads

and gently run the saddle through it's range.. all the way back and all the way forward....

if it starts to stick.. go the other way and come back.. that way you wont strip the threads..gently.. don't force it.. use lubricant!

after you have the saddles moving their range.. go ahead and put the bridge on. BUT.. never adjust your bridge saddles with the strings tuned..

always detune considerably and then adjust the saddles.. yes, it means you're being hard on the string. trying to intonate and tuning up and down like that probably at least a few times.. but it's better than ruining your bridge.. and it will last for years if you do that.

http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/TWANGthang/My%20EPIS/?action=view&current=AAtape.jpg

• 12 years later...

Prozac 86.  Just a shot in the dark here, but would you still happen to have the original bridge/saddles/intonation screws?  If so, would you consider selling them?  I have a 94 Sheraton ii that was made in Korea, and it has the exact same bridge.  The previous owner broke one of the intonation screws and messed with one of the saddles (looks like an attempt was made to notch it with a coping saw, instead of a file).  Anyway, I figured that between the two bridges, I could make one fully-functional one.  If you could be of any assistance, it would be very much appreciated.  Fingers crossed.  Hope to hear from you.  Thanks. 

15 hours ago, Old Bull Lee said:

Prozac 86.  Just a shot in the dark here, but would you still happen to have the original bridge/saddles/intonation screws?  If so, would you consider selling them?  I have a 94 Sheraton ii that was made in Korea, and it has the exact same bridge.  The previous owner broke one of the intonation screws and messed with one of the saddles (looks like an attempt was made to notch it with a coping saw, instead of a file).  Anyway, I figured that between the two bridges, I could make one fully-functional one.  If you could be of any assistance, it would be very much appreciated.  Fingers crossed.  Hope to hear from you.  Thanks. 

That user hasn't visited the forum for almost 11 years. Don't hold your breath for a reply.

If its the wide, smaller post space bridge  I'm sure someone has posted a replacement that is currently available. Sorry I couldn't be more help.