Gibson Brands Forums

New Epi In Musician's Friend......

AnthemBassMan

Yeah, they were selling these a few months ago and ran out. They must have had some more made up.

I bought one of these in the 70's, with a 3x3 heasdtock. It was a decent guitar, maple neck and natural finsh. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it had gold hardware. I traded it in on an SG. Now that is a guitar I wished I still had.

Just don't forget that it's basically a G-400 with a funny body and an ugly headstock. No, they screwed the pooch, missed the boat etc. on that one; they should have made it with mini humbuckers... THEN it would have been something special, something different, something worth considering. Otherwise, unless you have some enduring hardon for white guitars, get the G-400... it's a much better-looking guitar.

Just don't forget that it's basically a G-400 with a funny body and an ugly headstock. No' date=' they screwed the pooch, missed the boat etc. on that one; they should have made it with mini humbuckers... THEN it would have been something special, something [i']different[/i], something worth considering. Otherwise, unless you have some enduring hardon for white guitars, get the G-400... it's a much better-looking guitar.

Hahaha...I thought I was harsh!!! LOL..but it's the thruth guys!

-Anyone see these yet? Not too shabby... Either $249 or $299 depending on which page is the misprint. Too bad they used the batwing headstock. I liked the older 3x3 style better. Imagine what it would sound like with a set of GFS Mean 90s in it!

31v03ShTKCL._SS500_.jpg

L8R' date='

Matt D.[/quote']

I saw something like this on Amazon.com

I'm liking this Epi too! Actually tried to order it from Musician's Friend but they don't have it listed on their web site yet for some reason (??). I don't prefer dealing with them over the phone, so I sent customer service an e-mail asking what's up with that. I'll post their reply when I receive it.

Here's what they say folks:

Due to manufacturer's stipulations and trade agreements we are not allowed to advertise all the product lines from our catalog on the WEB.

Don't quite understand the logic in that ....but' date=' oh well.[/quote']

Like Jeffery said, Amazon actually have it listed on their site (with Musicians Friend as the seller) for $249.

http://www.amazon.com/Epiphone-Limited-Wilshire-Electric-Guitar/dp/B0015RC0CI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1220369999&sr=8-1

Wish that it had the 3 on a side headstock...

OK let's see if this is making any more sense. So Musican's Friend tells me the manufacturer won't let them list it on the web, so they list it on Amazon.Com which is.......on the web?? Plus they get to tack on an additional $12.95 for shipping??](*,)

I like it, bat wing and all, but I refuse to bow to "the man"[-(

Archived