Gibson Brands Forums

Best string for a dot

Woko

Almost five weeks since I bought the dot I changed the strings on the day I bought the guitar. 1x nice set of Ernie Ball Hybred slinky (9/46) that were hanging around . The dot as played two gigs and played most days so new string now required. What do you folks use and recommend?

I wouldn't use anything except Official Factory Authorized Epiphone Dot OEM Electric Guitar Strings.

strings.jpg

I was using Gibby Brite Wires (10's) on my Dot for the past six months or so. Just upgraded pickups, etc. and my guy said he puts Ernie Ball 10's on most of the stuff he works on. They sound pretty good so far. I've started using Cleartones on my LP, Strat & Mira and was going to try them on the Dot when the EB's wore out, but I may just have to try a set of those Epi's. Anybody know how they compare to the Brite Wires (or if in fact they might be the same string?)

I wouldn't use anything except Official Factory Authorized Epiphone Dot OEM Electric Guitar Strings.

strings.jpg

You won't find a finer string than Epiphone brand. They sound so spectacular they even go to the expense of installing them on their brand new guitars. Seek them out and buy a gross.

I've never heard that before. I'm use to removing whatever came with the guitar (used or new) and installing D'Addario's.

I'll have to check them out next string change.

NOT PhotoShopped[-(

No, I guess not! Sweetwater carries these.

Special Order, But We Can Get It Fast

Because of our great relationship with Epiphone, we normally can get this item as quickly as you need it. Order online or call your Sales Engineer now, and we'll make it happen for you.

Never knew they existed. Well, I like what I use.

I don't know that I think that there is much difference in strings other than the gauge you use. IIRC, strings are all made in the same factory or two anyway. I know some guitarists like to rip up their fingers with really huge gauges. I don't really think that little bit of extra metal it makes that big of a difference either. The biggest gauge I use is .11s on my Dot, and I'm thinking about trying .10s instead. YMMV.

Archived