Gibson Brands Forums

Guitars at Best Buy

Charles Obscure

Mmm. Well' date=' to be fair.....I'm under the impression that we're talking about one big store vs. another big store. So if it's one chain vs. another, and you're getting about the same level of service, then what difference does it make?

Also....

Most mom and pop shops can't afford to carry certain brands and products...(that's if they want to stay in business.):- [/quote']

If it has to be from a big chain, the store with the better condition instrument wins. The GC and Sam Ash in my town are right next to each other, distance isn't a point. Also, if it's still a tie, I'll favor Sam Ash on this one, GC is closer to being an evil empire and if I have to deal with them I might as well go to Musician's Friend.

I've been thinking about working in Best Buy anyway, and if that happens and I get in the musical instrument department by the time it's open, maybe Best Buy will be the choice.

Or maybe you should move somewhere that has a real one?

Move out of a house i'll have paid off in 2012, so I can buy guitars from a company that doesn't even

make their employees keep up with what stock they currently have?

Nahhhhh, i'll keep my house, and keep driving 60 miles to my "local" GC where I can test drive products at

my leisure.

BTW, Best Buy salespeople, didn't even realize they sold 4 diff. brands of mics, I only went to Target

to see if they had ANY.

Archived