Gibson Brands Forums

Are all the Elitist series gone?

djroge1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SW has Elitists Sheratons in stock again...I think that will be the last of them. Apparently MF hasn't received their shipment yet.

If I were you, I'd cancel the MF order and snap up the SW Elitist. Bird in the hand. . .

Besides, I personally would rather give my money to SW rather than MF.

I played a red Starfire in the band I was in in the '60's also. Of all the guitars I've parted ways with over the years' date=' I still kick myself for letting that one go. I'd love to get my hands on one again.[/quote']

There is no shortage of guitars in my family but I gotta tell ya', about two years ago I almost bought a Starfire II and I would have if I didn't have my wife breathing down my neck in the music store. I think the Starfires sounded good in just about any situation in those days. A lot of name players used them. I want one for nostalgia.

If I were you' date=' I'd cancel the MF order and snap up the SW Elitist. Bird in the hand. . .

Besides, I personally would rather give my money to SW rather than MF. [/quote']

The problem with MF is that even if you cancel the order, they seem to forget to cancel it in their computer system. I think the idea is that, once the guitar you asked NOT to buy lands on your doorstep, you have such GAS you'll keep it.

Hey guys..........

I have lurked around here for a year or so, just about every day. I don't post much, but I really want to ask you guys a question. I feel like I know most of you, even though you don't know me............but, anyway.

I have been on the fence about another guitar purchase. I now have a Epi Les Paul Custom in black, a Gibson DG 335 in black, and a Washburn acoustic-electric. I have been wanting a Gibson Les Paul Custom in Wine Red, but hearing you guys talk about the elitists have got me thinking about an elitist Les Paul in wine red.

I love my Epi that I have now, so I don't think I would be dissapointed. I know that an Epiphone probably should never be purchased as an investment, but something about these being discontinued is giving me the itch for one.

What do y'all think? Will they hold their value a little better? Would you compare it to the Gibson?

And I take care of my stuff, but I would be buying it to PLAY..........

Thanks,

Lee

Elitist will hold their value, might even go up...in fact, they probably will, especially now they've been discontinued.

They may not be the "investment" that a "Gibson" might be...but, one never knows, in this crazy world? If you already love your Epi LP Custom, you're in for a treat, with the Elitist! Not a "Gibson," but damn great guitars,

in their own right. I have a Gibson LP Custom and have played the Elitist LP Custom. Damn close. And, for the major

price difference...the "Elitist" is a Steal! You wouldn't be disappointed, at all...I don't think. So, if you know where one

is, Go for it! The good thing too, about Elitist, is you can swap out any parts (pickups if you want to...though

they don't Need to be)...because they're all "American" parts...in specs. I.E. not "metric" like the regular Epi

parts are.

CB

Beaver Creek, how did you manage to get a negative 2 as your post total? This is like bazaaro world on Seinfeld where everything is the opposite.

That explains why when I logged on tonight, there were no new post (green thingy) the forum is going backwards. Years ago there no Elitist, and now... (ok, only one, but it's moving back towards zero).

Hey, maybe if us older guys stay on the forum we'll be younger.

Beaver Creek' date=' how did you manage to get a negative 2 as your post total? This is like bazaaro world on Seinfeld where everything is the opposite.

That explains why when I logged on tonight, there were no new post (green thingy) the forum is going backwards. Years ago there no Elitist, and now... (ok, only one, but it's moving back towards zero).

Hey, maybe if us older guys stay on the forum we'll be younger.[/quote']

Well, the "youngsters" on here, KEEP us "young!" So, it's all good!

CB

Charlie' date=' I did some internet shopping, and I do not find the above to be an accurate statement.[/quote']

Well, it's only supposition, and it may still be a bit "early," to really tell? Then again, if the "demand"

wasn't there, to begin with (enough to keep the line going), who knows? Remember...even Gibson

Les Pauls were "toast," until Clapton, Beck, Page, and Mike Bloomfield started showing up, playing them.

So, who really knows, what might happen, in the future? I've NEVER purchased a guitar, with "investment,"

in mind, ever. It's nice, that they HAVE appreciated, but..that was never my "thing," with buying them.

Besides, with guitars being as mass produced, as they are now...they might (if you're lucky) hold their

value, or increase a bit...but, not like the early LP's or Pre-CBS Strats/Telecaters. They will continue to

go up, because they're more and more rare. I only thought the Elitist might, eventually, hold it's value,

or increase a bit, because they will be "rare" sooner, or later. That's all.

CB

Elitist will hold their value' date=' might even go up...in fact, they probably will, especially now they've been discontinued.

They may not be the "investment" that a "Gibson" might be...but, one never knows, in this crazy world? If you already love your Epi LP Custom, you're in for a treat, with the Elitist! Not a "Gibson," but damn great guitars,

in their own right. I have a Gibson LP Custom and have played the Elitist LP Custom. Damn close. And, for the major

price difference...the "Elitist" is a Steal! You wouldn't be disappointed, at all...I don't think. So, if you know where one

is, Go for it! The good thing too, about Elitist, is you can swap out any parts (pickups if you want to...though

they don't Need to be)...because they're all "American" parts...in specs. I.E. not "metric" like the regular Epi

parts are.

CB[/quote']

CB,

You wouldn't be trying to sell me one would you? I do believe you might favor the elitist.

Thanks for the info, and making my gas worse.

Lee

Beaver Creek' date=' how did you manage to get a negative 2 as your post total? This is like bazaaro world on Seinfeld where everything is the opposite.

Hey, maybe if us older guys stay on the forum we'll be younger.[/quote']

JS,

That new particle accelerator they fired up today has everything all effed up, and you better watch out for the black holes.

Lee

Charlie' date=' I did some internet shopping, and I do not find the above to be an accurate statement.[/quote']

Ron,

I realize that is true up to this point in time, but do you think the discontinuation will affect this being true in the future?

The value of the guitar in the future probably should be a moot point anyway, as unless I would have to sell my guitars for some reason, I'll most likely keep them until I croak.

Hey.......you look like that missile defense consultant guy!

Thank you for the info.

Lee

Ron' date='

I realize that is true up to this point in time, but do you think the discontinuation will affect this being true in the future?

The value of the guitar in the future probably should be a moot point anyway, as unless I would have to sell my guitars for some reason, I'll most likely keep them until I croak.

Hey.......you look like that missile defense consultant guy!

Thank you for the info.

Lee[/quote']

Lee, I was questioning what was written like a statement of fact. I am not a collector,

nor do I know enough about collectible guitars to make predictions. But I do know that

the vast majority of used guitars are just that - used guitars, worth substantially less

used than new.

..."missile defense consultant guy" - I admire Baxter's guitar work, not what he now

does for a living.

Archived