Gibson Brands Forums

Bitmo mods?

mrjones200x

Which Bitmo mods do you guys use?

Went on there web site and theres loads to choose from. Whats best for my valve junior V3?

Im lost as there are single mods and 2 mods in one package and alsorts. :-s

I want the best tone possible and make the amp work to its full potential and just to make it as versatile as poss. Not to fussed on voicing it like a vox or marshall.

Can anyone recomend a kit to buy or 2 kits ect maybe with a link too if your feeling nice =D>

Thanks

By the way im from england so if there is anything somewhere in uk pls

I just answered you in the other post, LOL!!!!

I am currently in the UK also, and I think that Alnicomagnet is the only guy selling kits over here. My Bitmo Trio only took 3 days to get to me though, thats fast shipping from the States.

http://www.turretboards.com/

If you check out his site he has a lot of stuff for the EVJ, including full parts kits for Fender, Vox, or Marshall voicing. Just switch out the parts on your board for the ones in the kit. If I hadn't gone with the BitMo I would have got one of his kits and worked up from there. He seems to have pretty fair shipping prices as well, so you shouldn't get gouged.

If you need something shipped from the states I can always have my girlfriend send it in one of her packages to me, depending on how soon you need items.

Let me know if you want my e-mail, we can stumble through this together, LOL!!!! This is my first amp mod so mine may just blow up in my face when i turn it on!

Which Bitmo mods do you guys use?

I got the trio & it's good enough to get you interested to do more ;-)

I've now spent 5 x what I spent on my original EVJr head and am loving it !

The turretboard fenderish octal with a 6L6 (or EL34) is just bliss to listen to.

I have two vjr heads with an additional 2 discrete chassis to put in. Lotsa fun.

You can get 'blank' chassis from britishaudio (ebay) & heaps of internals from turretboards.com

http://www.turretboards.com/

Start with the Bitmo kit and see how you go. Bruce's kit has really clear instructions. If his is too hard, then don't go any further...

regards,

James

Actually none except for the tone cotrol on one amp....and once you know what you are after/doing go to SEwatt and save yourself a bunch of money! You are paying for knowledge that's out there for free if you dig a little and you really only get a few $$ worth of parts in those kit's if the truth be told. If you don't care about understanding the circuit and just want to connect the dots then do the Bitmo stuff...it's a good way to start...but it ain't the right way to do it ....top soldering etc...etc... Just my $.02.

Archived