Gibson Brands Forums

Is sweetwater cool or what?

Gashole

I just ordered 2 Gibson black dogear P90's through Sweetwater(first purchase through them)...much better price than Musician's Friend, though I'll have to wait till 10/5 for them.

Within 5 minutes of placing the order, they had a rep call me up and chat me up about the purchase, clued me in to the backorder, and made sure all the ducks were in a row. Then we just shot the **** about music and guitars for a few minutes. They'll call when the order ships. Pretty cool I thought, after dealing with MF for a couple years now. No personal touch there at all. A few times when I've called them about messed up orders, they can't seem to pull their heads out of various cavities to even confirm that I placed an order. The right hand and left don't seem to work together there.

Sweetwater is simply one of the best online retailers period' date=' not just musical merchandise.

Their free shipping for anything can't be beat.[/quote']

Ditto. I receive a call and an e-mail from them regardless if it's a small or large purchase. A couple of weeks ago I ordered strings and fast fret and some other cleaners. They called to let me know one item was out of stock so that I could cancel or order a different brand - that beats getting the packing slip marked "back ordered". Package arrived and they called and e-mailed to make sure everything was to my satisfaction.

Gas, do you happen to recall the name of the person that called you?

Sweetwater is great - my first oder was a $15 tuner - they called to make sure I got it, and they chatted about guitars, amps, etc - I started feeling guilty after such a small purchase! They continue to call every now and again.

A very good company

GAS,

Nothing but good experiences with them. If they can afford to keep up this kind of service they may blow MF off the map. (wouldn't break my heart)

The guy that took my order from personal phone confirmation to follow up call was Robby Resnek. Great guy.

I have delt with his co-worker Dave. Also had a chance to talk to Eric in tech support.

Very helpful and knowledgeable people.

GAS' date='

The guy that took my order from personal phone confirmation to follow up call was Robby Resnek. Great guy.

I have delt with his co-worker Dave. Also had a chance to talk to Eric in tech support.

Very helpful and knowledgeable people.[/quote']

I deal with Don Burleson. I started with another guy, but he left shortly after my first order.

I've been a Sweetwater customer for a year or so now. I've ordered guitars, recording stuff, and small stuff (strings, etc.) from them and have never been disappointed. their customer service and follow through is tops. Yes, sometimes their inventory is a little lacking on some items, but their personal attention more than offsets that as far as I'm concerned.

I recently bought a Boss BR-600 from them and also ordered a 1GB flash card. Turns out, the one they sent me was not one that works in the Boss. My "personal service rep" told me he'd credit my account and don't even bother to send it back!!

I've had nothing but good service from Sweetwater. I like the fact that they acutally give each guitar over $500 an inspection before sending it out. Others just transfer the box from the shelf and send it out.

I think they inspect all, at least mine were inspected and set-up.

Gas' date=' do you happen to recall the name of the person that called you?

[/quote']

No, unfortunately. I'm bad with names. Plus, I was really in a mild sort of shock that I was being called about an order I had only placed a few minutes before. My remaining brain cells were straining. ](*,)

Definitely, I have a good first impression. 109.00 at MF vs 75.00 at SW? Hell, yeah!

A few years ago I bought a Mackie Control Universal from them, and discovered that it wouldn't work with Adobe Audition. Being a resourceful sort, I downloaded the firmware upgrade, which is in the form of a MIDI file. Eventually I figured out a way to play it back using Winamp, and I got it up and running. I then called Sweetwater to tell them what happened.

I was connected to a tech, and now, if you were to buy one of those (although it's been discontinued) the need to upgrade the firmware to use it with Adobe Audition 1.0 or 1.5 (or Cool Edit Pro 2.1) and the method of doing so is on their data base.

Three cheers.

I think they inspect all, at least mine were inspected and set-up.

I thought they did too, but when talking my sales engineer he told me that they automatically do it for guitars over $500. If you ask for it, they can do it for others. Perhaps their policy has changed over time or the guy who told me was wrong or it's possible I misunderstood him.

Wow that sounds like a company that actually cares,most might not agree but I'd say steer clear of musicians friend they have been bought out by guitar center I've had a couple run ins with them that have turned out bad,though in all fairness I should say that they were moving their ware house at the time but left me hanging for two months on a guitar case before they sent a snail mail saying they were now collecting sales tax in my state(Indiana,U.S.A.) I've read good things about sweetwater and plan to do some business with them soon enough.

I'm now dealing with a place related to guitar center as it was bought through a deal here in Indiana woodwing&brasswind this company's partner store is one you definitely want to avoid at all cost and thats music123,these people are a joke you should read some of the reviews of this place my own dealings tell me that they know nothing about shipping they act as if they communicate with the warehouse via mental telepathy,they have no problem selling you a guitar and if you want an exchange due to some mis-hap in shipping no problem we will have UPS pick it up.

I noticed less than two days after they received the guitar I sent back to them for and exchange they mysteriously had one of the same model up for sale as a blemished item,they were kind enough to let me know close to two weeks after sending this guitar back that they were out of stock on the item,I assume or suspect that they are using the same warehouse that musicians friend is using as its located in the same state and musicians friend is also out of stock on the same guitar.

This is a tame problem compared to what I've read from other who have done business with music123 so if you were considering ever doing business with them do yourself a favor go else where.:-({|=

I also get a call from Chris at Sweetwater everytime I purchase something no matter how small it is. Also get a call from him after I receive my order to see if I am satisfied with my purchase. Sweetwater goes the extra mile to keep the customer satisfied, They're great!!

Within 5 minutes of placing the order' date=' they had a rep call me up and chat me up about the purchase, clued me in to the backorder, and made sure all the ducks were in a row. Then we just shot the **** about music and guitars for a few minutes.

[/quote']

I had a very postive experience with Sweetwater as well.

A personal followup call to me after I placed the order online, (Epi LP Special II and Epiphone hardshell case for it). They thanked me for my order, and hoped that they would hear from me again.

..and FREE shipping to KS.

When the guitar and case arrive, I had my daughter check both out for damages...none!

Everything was well packed in separate boxes.

I can't always get all the guitar related things that I need from them...but if I could I would.

They have excellent customer service and rapport.

Sweetwater is great. Tried them out by just ordering gibson historic pickup rings for my Les Paul. A month later ordered my Marshall VM half-stack from them. They now get all my online business. Great customer service, better than any other online retailer out there.

I will say one negative thing (if you can call it that)' date=' they have a lot of items, I mean a lot of items, that are not in stock. Some of the new models of amps and guitars I can understand, but the more common things just aren't available.[/quote']

I agree with what you're saying, but I definitely prefer their honesty about the situation, rather than the BS you get over at the Musicians' Friend / Guitar Center sites....there the item shows as "in stock", you go ahead and order it...but (shock, horror!) it's actually not in stock. Can you believe it?! So you go ahead and call Musician's Friend / Guitar Center, and some disinterested customer service representative utters the single crushing word "backordered." Weeks later, you finally receive your item (or not.)

Best of all, the people at Sweetwater actually know a lot about their products. Their sales engineers love guitars like we do... I bought some gear from Musicans' Friend when was a student in the U.S. When I phoned up to ask where the heck my guitar was, their "customer service" (ahem!) representative asked me whether an Epiphone G-400 was a keyboard.

Archived