Gibson Brands Forums

End of the world - what would you be playing?

Everybody's saying the world is coming to a end tomorrow because those people over in frace are doing that test to find out how the world started i was talking about it today and i was thinking if it did happen what would you be playing.

I'd be playing my Epi Dot and some blues before i go and meet the maker.

I was talking to my parents about it and i was saying id be sitting there playing on my dot while everybody is running around shouting what we gonna do LOL

True Story.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will I be playing?

...with my lover if I have a choice. With my Epi LP Elite if I'm caught without warning.

BTW -- no end of the world tomorrow (Wed 10/09/2008) it's only a laser marking track test -- last week in Oct is when photons and quarks start colliding. 60,000 computers to record the data looking for "god" (Higgs boson particles). I suspect its the most people looking for god at any one time since the broadcast of Orsen Welles "War of the Worlds."

Not to worry, they won't find him/her/any.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

Well, since the "End of the World," has been predicted, since mankind has existed...I don't worry about

such BS. If it happens, there's nothing we can do, about it, anyway. So, "Rock & Roll!!" Playing music

has always "saved my soul," as long as I've lived, so far. So, when God gives you that talent, modest

or extreme, use it..I say! And yeah, Keith (Richards) and cockroaches, may well be the sole survivors,

should it come to that? LOL!

As to what song I'd be playing? Well, there could be many...but, maybe "Eight Miles High," by the Byrds,

on my Ric-12-string, might be appropriate...or "Damn Right I've Got the Blues" (Buddy Guy),

on one of my Epi's, Fender Strat's, or Gibby's?

Who knows...

CB

Everybody's saying the world is coming to a end tomorrow because those people over in frace are doing that test to find out how the world started i was talking about it today and i was thinking if it did happen what would you be playing.

I'd be playing my Epi Dot and some blues before i go and meet the maker.

I was talking to my parents about it and i was saying id be sitting there playing on my dot while everybody is running around shouting what we gonna do LOL

True Story.

I'd play all my guitars as loudly as I could....

Bar Stewards!!! I've to many tracks to learn and not enough time Grrrr](*,)

Don't you just hate people when they tell you "the end is nigh"

Means I'll never master:

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey

Jukebox Hero - Foriegner

Thunderstruck - AC/DC

Rocket - Def Leppard

"And the hits just keep on coming......" WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:-({|=

If the end of the world came due to some unforseen nuclear holocast or that BIG asteroid from outer space,

(I'm pretty sure most people have seen the movie"Space Cowboys"?)..

the electricity probably would be non-existant or in very short supply.

If you guys still insist on playing yer electrics at that point, you better invest in a car battery powered amp

or better still, a harp, which could get you into some band in the next world..... LOL!

Wasn't there a sappy song many years ago by Sketter Davis(?)...."Everyone knows it's the end of the world,

It ended when..."<can't remember the rest of it>

Remember that Charlton Heston movie a few years ago.."Omega Man".. there would be so many "night creatures"

mutated from the disaster after you, that you wouldn't dare to bring your Gibbys out of your caves, much less your

Epiphones! LOL

If the end of the world came due to some unforseen nuclear holocast or that BIG asteroid from outer space' date='

(I'm pretty sure most people have seen the movie"Space Cowboys"?)..

the electricity probably would be non-existant or in very short supply.

Taking that into concideration, if the power is gone, I guess i'd be playing the Blues on my Malibu.

It has a flat, thin, "soapbox" sound, that would make it perfect for "End o'it all" Blues.

[img'][/img]GarysCam033.jpg