Gibson Brands Forums

Why no standard Case W/ EF500RA Masterbilt

georgeatt

Just received my EF500 RA. What a wonderful toneful guitar...beautiful also. I checked with several websites and found claims that a hardshell case came with it:^o . Not so and this is something Epiphone should look into[-x . You would think that the top of the line Masterbilt, $900, would come with one BUT Musicians Friends claims it doesnt. I was horrified when this beauty arrived in a flimsy cardboard box. Luckily, nothing was damaged.

What gives Epiphone? Now Im having a hard time finding a hardshell case that fits properly. It seems that epiphone doesnt even make a hardshell that fits - just a gigbag](*,) . Anybody else have this experience?

I got a Masterbilt a little over a year ago. It came with a "hard bag," a gig bag with lots and lots of rigid padding, like styrofoam. Light but very bulky, esp. if you loaded up the pocket on the side (I do) with gigging hardware.

If this is the kind of "bag" that Epi is touting for your guitar, go with it, I'd say.

Not saying this is what happened here, but... Some dealers receive guitars in cases. Some sell them as a package deal, some remove the guit tar from the case and sell each seperately. A dealer can sell a guit tar for pretty much what he wants to sell it for, as well as the case.

Not sure this is exactly illegal... or even unethical. If they sell you a guit tar and give fair warning it is just the guit tar and not the case one cannot expect a case. Advertising, "Guitar $482.00," might be all they need to sell you the guit tar sans, case, strap and tuner. They can make the claim, and maybe rightly so, "Not everyone who buys a guit tar wants the expense of a case."

Unless the 'net page specified 'hard shell case', I'm afraid you're out of luck as you bought exactly what they were advertising.

I guess caveat emptor here. Be sure you know exactly what you are getting before completing the 'sale'. Probably best to screen print the ad page when buying on-line. An ad page can be changed with a couple key strokes lickety split. But, if you have a dated screen print you have some negotiating power. This is good proof if they are not acting 'in good faith' if they change the page after the sale.

Epiphone might be able to help you here if it is an Epiphone dealer.

I got screwed out of an actual elitist case when I got mine from MF...it shipped in a plain old epiphone LP case...numerous

phone calls did nothing, despite the fact that the sales listing clearly listed a premium case and was linked to an elitist MF

page that stressed how nice the elitist case was LOL

Archived