Gibson Brands Forums

Recommended strap and strap locks

leewilson78

I dunno which is best..

I know the dunlops did the job so I stuck with them.

I know the Q parts are very good as well. but you do have to watch that the washer part isn't one of the ones that get bent from the strap.

Had one set of those returned to me.. replaced with dunlops.

*it was the sun design.. not a solid half dollar type of metal washer most of the others have*

and the dual design is the dunlop to get. don't know how many times I wished I'd used them on all guitars.. so handy to be able to use a loaded or unloaed strap.

so I'll just say. for me. two of the best things for guitars over the years are locking tuners and straplocks.

cheap and practical!

TWANG

I've used Schaller for years, but recently traded for a guitar that already had Dunlop straplocks on it. Have to say, I like them much better than the Schaller ones. Broader base, so less chance to slip through the slot in the strap. Lighter weight, I think - and biggest of all in my book, they don't rattle!

I've used Schaller for years' date=' but recently traded for a guitar that already had Dunlop straplocks on it. Have to say, I like them much better than the Schaller ones. Broader base, so less chance to slip through the slot in the strap. Lighter weight, I think - and biggest of all in my book, they don't rattle! [/quote']

Which I had seen that post before purchasing Schallers, hopefully they will be ok.

p.s. the rattle couldn't find its way into the amp output could it, surely not =P~

Also, how easy are the Schallers to fit?

It's a 5 minute job to fit Schallers. Remove both pins & replace them with the Schaller pins( if the hole is too big, use

the matchstick trick) then unscrew nut & washer from horseshoe & push this through strap hole(ensuring horseshoe

is to rear side of strap) then simply replace washer & nut on front of strap. Done !!

You may need to use a spanner to tighten nut if your strap ends are thick leather. Also, try to keep horseshoes vertical, then even if nut should come loose, your guitar should still be safe. I always check tightness of nut when

cleaning/maintaining gear, but up to now (touch wood ) they've been fine.

I've never had any problem with rattle outputting through my amp.

Hope this helps, cheers, Karl

I have both the Schaller and the Dunlop. I have the Schaller on two guitars and the Dunlop on one. They both do the job they were designed to do and they both do it well. I find the Schaller easier to get off and on, plus I feel the Schaller has a back-up system since it also applies gravity as a safety feature.

Archived