Gibson Brands Forums

What are they thinking?

corcoran

It's not really my thing either, but...

Flying V's parents forbade her to see that pointy-horned SG devil... a good guitar at heart, but let's face it, he was from the wrong side of the tracks.

Funny, that's exactly what SG's alcoholic bingo-playin' mother said about that trampy Flying V (her legs spread like that, all the time).

Daddy Les Paul had abandoned SG and his mom sometime in the 60s, and although not a great example herself (rumour has it she was half Fender Bullet, on her mother's side), SG's mom was very protective of her rebellious son.

So, you know what happens with forbidden love. SG and Flying V snuck off backstage one night, and after a 9-month waiting period, this ugly little bastard arrived on the doorstep (via UPS).

It's not really my thing either' date=' but...

Flying V's parents forbade her to see that pointy-horned SG devil... a good guitar at heart, but let's face it, he was from the wrong side of the tracks.

Funny, that's exactly what SG's alcoholic bingo-playin' mother said about that trampy Flying V (her legs spread like that, all the time).

Daddy Les Paul had abandoned SG and his mom sometime in the 60s, and although not a great example herself (rumour has it she was half Fender Bullet, on her mother's side), SG's mom was very protective of her rebellious son.

So, you know what happens with forbidden love. SG and Flying V snuck off backstage one night, and after a 9-month waiting period, this ugly little bastard arrived on the doorstep (via UPS). [/quote']

Haha I thought this was clever and hilarious. Nice job, man. :D

Bad thing is, some poor cat actually said to himself...

"Hey, let's take an SG and extend the top horn waaaay the heck out there...oh, and let's give it a Flying V's butt...but POINTY!!!"

Even worse is that when he sobered up he didn't have time to come up with something better before the big meeting.

Worse still is someone else had to approve it. I want whatever they're smoking baked into little camoflage brownies.

:D

H-Bomb

Call me plain old boring Dave' date=' if you like, but if the finish wouldn't work on furniture in the house, I don't want it on my guitar. GRIN

That one reminds me of something Andy Warhol would have created in the 70's.[/quote']

Oh c'mon Dave ....a goldtop coffee table would be pretty hideous too!

Oh c'mon Dave ....a goldtop coffee table would be pretty hideous too!

Lots of old furniture has gold highlights. I can guarantee you that my wife wouldn't let me bring a coffee table into the house that had a black and white bullseye in the middle (ala Zakk Wylde). GRIN

Archived