Gibson Brands Forums

What colour is your favourite strap for your Epiphone?

msuspartansfan

One of the most important purchases, next to picks, has to be the guitar strap. I know that Epiphone doesnt make a strap, BUT, when you hang your Epi off your body, what colour is the thing that's holding off the ground? Please take the time to describe why you chose the colour you did (the significance) and why its your favourite. And hey, do you think other people here would want to hang their Epiphone off of something similar? As a side note, will using a Gibson strap on your Epiphone improve the sound? Does it FEEL like a Gibson to you? Let's have some serious adult Epiphone guitar talk here, get responding!!!

One of the most important purchases' date=' next to picks, has to be the guitar strap. I know that Epiphone doesnt make a strap, BUT, when you hang your Epi off your body, what colour is the thing that's holding off the ground? Please take the time to describe why you chose the colour you did (the significance) and why its your favourite. And hey, do you think other people here would want to hang their Epiphone off of something similar? As a side note, will using a Gibson strap on your Epiphone improve the sound? Does it FEEL like a Gibson to you? Let's have some serious adult Epiphone guitar talk here, get responding!!![/quote']

I haven't found a strap I like yet. I would like to get one that I can easily adjust without having to take it off the guitar and thread a tongue through a slot. I finally bought a canvas-looking thing at GC with an adjustment like a camera strap (metal buckle). It had to cost $2.00 to make, but it set me back $35. Ouch!

I haven't found a strap I like yet. I would like to get one that I can easily adjust without having to take it off the guitar and thread a tongue through a slot. I finally bought a canvas-looking thing at GC with an adjustment like a camera strap (metal buckle). It had to cost $2.00 to make' date=' but it set me back $35. Ouch![/quote']

My search took me 1.5 years, but I settled on this. I think I got mine on sale, because I don't think I paid over $22, maybe less.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/L8BLK/

When I saw your first sentence I had to laugh. In the time it took me to find a strap, I had bought and sold about 15 guitars. A friend of mine could not understand how I could purchase guitars without seeing them (ebay), but was reluctant to buy a strap from a website. Then if we would go to a music store at lunch, none of the straps would appeal to me.

For my Moderne which is Korina wood I have a brown Levey strap.

For the Elitist dot I just bought I don't have a strap... I've been using the old fender strap that came with my SRV strat. It's one of those super thin leather with a pad that slides onto it.

I have a wide brown padded leather strap (looks like a Levys but it's branded Fender:-" ) Bought it for comfort with the LP, more than anything, but I think the brown does compliment the honeyburst finish moreso than any other color strap might...

Each one of my guitars has it's own strap that doesn't ever come off it, I find taking a strap on and off ruins the holes and makes the connection less secure. One of my guitars sports a rather fetching strap/seatbelt design.

My search took me 1.5 years' date=' but I settled on this. I think I got mine on sale, because I don't think I paid over $22, maybe less.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/L8BLK/

When I saw your first sentence I had to laugh. In the time it took me to find a strap, I had bought and sold about 15 guitars. A friend of mine could not understand how I could purchase guitars without seeing them (ebay), but was reluctant to buy a strap from a website. Then if we would go to a music store at lunch, none of the straps would appeal to me.[/quote']

dude, now I'm in love with that Onori strap.

oozes sexiness man, I tell you.

GAHHH now I'm never ever ever gonna be satisifed by any other strap 'till I get my hands on that.

damn ):

I use plain black heavy woven cloth straps on the bass and one guitar. The other guitar has the same type but with a camo pattern on it (it was the plainest one I could find in the store at the time).

In the past (and I will again soon) I've used a length of solid chain from the hardware store. The kind you might tow a car with! Surprisingly, it was NOT uncomfortable. The links only made contact with my left collar-bone, and it didn't hurt or rub a bit. The ends of the chain were fitted to two metal washers... worked fine until I lent it to someone.

My Ebony Epi Sheraton has a Black leather (2 1/2-3") that I found for a good Price at GC.

My Larrivee 12 string has a Levy's padded Deluxe Larrivee model.

My Guild has a similar Black Levy's padded Deluxe Guild model.

My black Tele, bound with black pearl with a black pearl pickguard has a padded Levy's with a Black pearl moto insert. Yeah, its a bit over the top!

Archived