Gibson Brands Forums

CB's Epi's....

charlie brown

DSC_0016.jpg

Basically, this looks like the (much improved) Elitist Body and neck, just with the standard Gibby shaped headstock. I really like these. If they'd make some of these with the Maestro, it'd be G'bye Gibson for me, because the quality on these are (like the Elitists) quite amazing.

H-Bomb

H-Bomb, the did make a version with the Maestro....but, they are very hard to find, unless you know someone

in Japan? But, I've seen this "Epi Japan" and also the "Orville" version, with the Maestro, at times in the past.

I know what you mean, too...I'd like one of those, as well. NOW, if I could only find a "Les Paul" truss rod

cover! LOL! You see those, too, now and then...but, they want more than I paid for this whole guitar, for them.

CB

That is a nice SG. I'd really love to get one' date=' but I don't see one in my near future, even if I could locate one to buy.[/quote']

Thanks, JC...it plays like a dream, too! I had forgotten, how much I loved SG's, until I got this one.

(I had two in the '60's, at different times...but, like a fool, sold them both..a '65 (white) Custom, and

an '68 (Dark Cherry) "Standard.") So, this SG has brought back a lot of fond memories, and great

upper fret access, again. LOL!

CB

Archived