Gibson Brands Forums

Lookin for an acoustic

alcorn429

Been playing guitar for about a year now. Been lookin a takamine 523 models for a few weeks because I was looking to get a new guitar but I love my epiphone les paul and wanted to check out what they had as far as jumbo style acoustics. I'm just lookin for a jumbo style acoustic. Possibly a 12 string but haven't decided that yet. I just wanted some recommendations from you guys. What are the good models and possible acoustic amps. Any help would be great.

You're talking about the possibility of a 12-string and asking about jumbos. Puts you out of the Epi range--and it sounds like you're looking higher up the line than their 1 12-string model would represent.

Seems to me like one of the best deals in a 12-string is a Martin J15/12. That's the all mahogany model. They seem to go in the on-line stores and the big chains (GC) for around $750.

Bad news is that they seem to be discontinued for this year. Better (not totally good) news is that it seems a few stores still have 'em around. And you can always go used, too.

Archived