Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone LP Custom in natural finish ?

bice

Hi guys,

I've found on some web site this Epipiphone LP custom that I had not seen before, as it is in natural finish. I thought that there were only 4 colors available for the custom serie (Antique white, Artic white, Black and Wine red). So I get a litlle bit surprised, as long as it's quite sexy in natural ...

So what's the deal ? Is it a bad chinese copy, or a new collection for 2008/2009 ?

I've also noticed that the trussrod cover was mentionning "Les Paul custom" and not just "Gibson". The price and the beginning of the serial number reveal that it comes from China, but I hope it is from a true Epiphone factory.

What do you think about this ?

Thank you in advance for your response(s).

Hi guys' date='

I've found on some web site this Epipiphone LP custom that I had not seen before, as it is in natural finish. [/quote']

If I'm not mistaken that was a Limited Edition from the beginning of this year. It has been discontinued since a few months. You can still snatch one up if you're lucky.

Thanks for the answer.

I understand now why there's not that much info about it on the web. If only it had an ebony fingerboard it would have been perfect !

I'm actually thrilled that Epi doesn't use ebony on their Paul Custom fingerboards. I got my Elitist Custom for this very reason - LOVE Les Paul Customs, don't like ebony boards. If I had to order a Custom with a rosewood board from the Gibson Custom shop it would have hit me for over $5000.

So glad I got my Elitist before the took them all away from us.

Curt

Archived