Gibson Brands Forums

Do you think it'd be too expensive to....

KKrellBassist21

suggest Gibson & Epiphone make a acoustic thunderbird bass?

I figure it'd be pretty cool if they made one and gave it like a lop-sided egg shaped hole for the sound like the kramer ferrington to better compliment the body.

I only play thunderbirds and I was hoping they could carry it over to the acoustic realm as well, since I want something aside from the typical shape/

I guess as a epiphone model (since it's more likely the one I'd buy) between $300 & $800 would be fair. Other than the features I mentioned if they could go with a burst paint (preferable a tabacco burst) over the natural it'd be great; however, natural would still be cool. Maybe it it's like the electric put the top strap button on the back, but I doubt the acoustic would have the weight to nose dive if you take your hand off the neck. I got to say I trust them more with all the technical factors since I haven't tried to build my own instruments.

I got the idea back when dean put out their acoustic V guitar, didn't look to cool to me, but the thunderbird has always seemed to be a popular shape & would fit better than the V in the acoustic sence.

Archived