Gibson Brands Forums

Hello...I'm new.....trying to find info bout my acoustic

jcoleman5

About 7 years ago I bought an Epiphone Acoustic NV 390 and I'm just trying to get some information about the guitar. The sticker is a big brown Epiphone sticker with the Logo Norlin in the bottom left hand corner. It's an oversized guitar with gold bells and whistles, and I usually use Medium/Heavy Martin Silk Steel strings. Four years ago I put a Fishman pickup in it and the guitar sounds great. Don't really plan on getting rid of it, I just wanted to know some back ground: Whether or not this guitar is low-end/high-end, does it style an old martin, ect. I really enjoy playing this guitar because the low end sounds full and I play by myself a lot and enjoy a full sound. Thank you for your time, by the way I am new to the forum and hope to meet inspiring musicians and learn about my sound.

Jason

There's a thread with a similar model being discussed as we speak:

http://forums.epiphone.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=5111

It wouldn't surprise me if NV an NO were used as prefixes on identical models. After being introduced, new Epiphone models' nomenclature sometimes took a while to settle down to some sense of commonality.

Can I post more pics other than my avatar???

Here you go...

e791_1.jpg

I always thought these were from the early/mid 80's but this came up in another thread and it seems they're from the mid/late 70's. I think it was JohnL who has good information on these. Hopefully he'll chime in They were Japanese-made by Matsumoku but like all the Epiphones from that era they don't really fetch a huge premium and I've never played one so I can't offer any more than what I have...they look pretty cool though..

Nelson

Can I post more pics other than my avatar???

Yes you can. But you have to upload them to another site like photobucket.com. It's free. Then you can either post a link here to that pic or have the image show.

Once posted to photobucket, copy the url assigned to that photo in photobucket. Paste the url text in this text box. Highlight your url in the text box, then use the icons at the top to the right of the Bold Italic Underline icons. Click on the one that looks like a photo of a mountain and sun/moon above. That about does it.

Archived