Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Admin: Volute on Lifeson 355

alpine

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen' date=' a fine word of truth from Staxman. With whammy bar in one hand and keyboard in the other. I hope I too will soon enjoy the exploits of the Les Paul Axcess.[/quote']

I reckon they should have gone with an Ebony fretboard on the "Gunmetal Grey Axcess", that rosewood board looks all kinds of wrong.......

IMHO of coarse.....

axcessgray.jpg

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would sell this guitar on ebay but you can't fetch even 3000.00 bucks , if your lucky .

I guess there is not such a demand for a total mess up , and COVER UP .

Why should I have to sell what could have been the best guitar I ever owned , in mint condition

because the necks were made wrong . False advertising about VOS . Trem arms that don't fit .

It would be crazy to lose money on this , why would it even be an option or even fair .

/Cheers

Custom Admin:

Have Gibson still got nothing to say about all this in an "Official Capacity"......?

Does anyone apart from yourself & Rodger in Customer Services have a clue whats being talked about on this forum....?

I'm aware Gibson will always sell guitars, but this guitar as been purchased by guys who spend serious cash on instruments, folk who have waited 30 yrs for this to come to fruition, we're the people not to p!ss off cause I'm sure there's quite a few of us who have cash planned for further guitar purchases. It's being talked about on so many other forums all around the globe and giving Gibson such a slagging which it rightly deserves in this case. This wouldn't have got out of hand if someone at Gibson would have communicated earlier.......

Is this what your employers really want to happen.......? Your jobs at the end of the day mate......!!!!!

Its a total joke what these guys are going through, I'm over in the States again possibly early next year, if any more issues arise with mine it'll get dropped off in person, maybe thats the only way to get any attention.

Well if you read the admin responses you got your answer.

They are not responsible for the volute being in the wrong place it was the artists fault !

According to GIBSON : The artist accepted the model from the proto type and

so we should have the same guitar that alex approved......:D

I reckon they should have gone with an Ebony fretboard on the "Gunmetal Grey Axcess"' date=' that rosewood board looks all kinds of wrong.......

IMHO of coarse.....

[img']http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/enduroexpert/axcessgray.jpg[/img]

I noticed that too, this example doesn't look all that great with the light rosewood board. I don't know if it's the lighting Gibson used when photographing this example or if that guitar just had a very light colored fretboard, but my gunmetal Axcess actually has a very dark board that looks good with the dark finish. I've now seen photos of the iced-tea I'm getting and it also has a pretty dark board. In fact most of the photos I've seen of Axcess units that are now starting to show up at dealers also seem to show much darker boards than this photo.

• 2 weeks later...
Well if you read the admin responses you got your answer.

They are not responsible for the volute being in the wrong place it was the artists fault !

According to GIBSON : The artist accepted the model from the proto type and

so we should have the same guitar that alex approved......[-(

How odd . I finally got the solutions from the Dealer " Wildwood " and Gibson .

I can't help but feel so poorly , Gibson F um , but Wildwood also ??

Solution is " You can send the guitar to the repair and restoration dept. , they will remove the

volute . Please be aware that this is NOT a Manufacturers issue so you will need to pay

for this to be done . "

Solution 2 = " You should be able to sell it easily as it is a very sought after guitar =P~

HHmm . If anyone here thinks Alex approved that neck like the admin said . You

should be working for Gibson .

I can get 2500.00 in trade at " a huge guitar chain " and about the same at the small shops .

If I ebay it , I would get about the same after it sold , that is IF it sold even for 3k after the fees .

I won't be trading it for an axess like I wanted to also buy .

Paul Reed Smith will be getting the sale instead .

Great customer service . Truthfull people also .

I am going to loose over a grand , yet I feel good about it ?

Something is messed up with that . =P~

Like the saying goes ? One AL-355 , and one too many gibsons :D/

If I ordered a Fender Yngwie Malmsteen Strat because Yngwie was my inspiration . Like Alex let's say ,

we know alot about his playing over the years .

I then get the Yngwie Malmsteen strat , play it a second and say " OMG this fretboard is scalloped , Just like Yngwie's and

I do not like it . That would go into a case of buying something that was as advertised , but not what I or " other customers "

liked , that would make me look dumb . Actually not only look dumb but be dumb .

I order an Alex Lifeson ES-355 and I play it . I love it . The neck is nice , a few flaws big deal .

Yet something is not right . Oh , I found out what , the Volute is 1/2 an inch on the playing side of the nut

then one the Correct side , being the truss rod cover .

To be frank and honest , in all I have read and "heard" never once , never did I hear or read that Alex likes

chunks of wood where they don't belong .

If it was known that Alex has his guitar makers put Volutes , in the players way then I would not say a word .

If I bought a Yngwie Malmsteen Strat and the fretboard was NOT SCALLOPED I would ***** about that until

Fender took it back and Fixed the neck to the proper specs .

I would think Fender would never let that model go before it was correct .

• 2 weeks later...

LerxstLee wrote:

Hi All ( or some ) ,

All of this and I have kept my mouth shut .

Yet , would someone explain why the " unfinished template " AND

the neck that someone used to compare a different AL-355 Neck

are different ?

I have been quiet I deserve a cookie or the like !

Right click open in news tab

Looks like there is another yet " aproved " Volute position

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb206/RareFormMusic/DSC00186compred.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb206/RareFormMusic/template-1SB.jpg

Archived