Gibson Brands Forums

still alive-- sorry for the absense... g400 lefty possibly up for grabs.

evol04gt

hey sorry for the lack of being on here- incase anyone cares/...lol..

kinda really got back into fenders and have been designing a custom ash tele build... still have my g400 lefty and my sherry......

still havent bonded well with the g400.... was considering trading it in...what does everyone think?

well- the guitar is perfect. still.. untouched... i did notice that i think the pots are wired majorly wroing...but they arent scratchy nor is the selector switch..

i wanted to scotch bright the back of the neck- GFS 59 swap the pups and 500k pots with a switch craft selector...

BUT that would render in nearly unsellable... i paid 300 and with case- 370... they are 420 with case now... i like it but i never really bonded with it...

i guess if i knew what i could easily get out of it- that would make me keep or boost my call to get what i want instead..... maybe.

After reading your posts thoroughly i would say, try to sell it, especially if you not have bonded with your G-400.

Being a Fender guy all my live i hope i can hold on to Lucille, have her since july this year, still bonding. :-#

I know i bonded with my Martin D-16 already after playing and owning it for six days. (dancing)

Peter

well- the guitar is perfect. still.. untouched... i did notice that i think the pots are wired majorly wroing...but they arent scratchy nor is the selector switch..

i wanted to scotch bright the back of the neck- GFS 59 swap the pups and 500k pots with a switch craft selector...

BUT that would render in nearly unsellable... i paid 300 and with case- 370... they are 420 with case now... i like it but i never really bonded with it...

i guess if i knew what i could easily get out of it- that would make me keep or boost my call to get what i want instead..... maybe.

Is it red or black?

As a lefty, you know most everything you find is black....so your target would be someone looking for a 'different' color, or someone who wants to learn, but can't find a LH guitar at the local store, retail, pawn shop, or otherwise.

I think what you can get will be a function of how many Epiphone dealers are around, and whats normally in stock.

Patience is probably going to be the key if you do decide to sell it.

Perhaps on consignment?

My Iommi was from the 'local' (45 miles away) store - it was the only LH they had, period.

(I found my LP on the local craigslist)

One thing I'll give Fender is you really can get any color you want without going through the custom shop.

I just have a hard time with them b/c I keep rotating the volume knob on accident.

I think my Iommi sounds better than the LP, but (for me) it's easier to learn something on the LP - probably due to the difference in neck profile.

But the more I play (and the better I get), I lean towards the Iommi.

hey sorry for the lack of being on here- incase anyone cares/...lol..

kinda really got back into fenders and have been designing a custom ash tele build... still have my g400 lefty and my sherry......

still havent bonded well with the g400.... was considering trading it in...what does everyone think?

I'm RandyM over at http://www.reranch.com/reranch

Stop by.

oh AJ-7ender mexico has A LOT more color options than 7ender USA.

BUUUT thats a lot better than either burst or black than most epis.

i wish the epi lp came in iced tea or tobacco burst- i cant stand cherry burst.

oh well... i bet scuffing the neck and new pups would help me love the g400 more... with 7ender finally releasing the jazzmaster in lefty in 6 months- i think that is whats motivating me to sell her.

Archived