Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone price check........

stan 58

After hearing alot of hand wringing lately about how high Epiy prices are I checked back to see what I paid for my Igunia burst Les Paul, no case, plus shipping and my Sheraton with case, plus shipping. The Les Paul ten years ago, was $605. and the Sherry eleven years ago, was $655. Today a Les paul with a nice top is $649. to my door and the the sherry is $659. So if you think that kind of incease is bad so be it, I don't. Stan.

After hearing alot of hand wringing lately about how high Epiy prices are I checked back to see what I paid for my Igunia burst Les Paul' date=' no case, plus shipping and my Sheraton with case, plus shipping. The Les Paul ten years ago, was $605. and the Sherry eleven years ago, was $655. Today a Les paul with a nice top is $649. to my door and the the sherry is $659. So if you think that kind of incease is bad so be it, I don't. Stan.[/quote']

I don't know Stan...I just checked Musician's Friend and the brand new price on the Sherraton II is $699.00 without

the case (It was $529.00 when I bought mine 2 years ago). Judging by that I'd say they went up in price.

Also, when I bought my Epiphone Les Paul Plain-Top VS in April of this year, MF has the price at $449.00 without the

case. I got it for $399.00 w/o the case (of course I did go the extra for the case, but we're just talking guitar prices).

Now the same guitar is going for $549.00 on MF. So there definately has been a price increase. I for one am glad I bought my guitars when I did. These price increases on Epi's are going to hurt.](*,)

Archived