Gibson Brands Forums

Calling Stan 58

Greg Curtis

im not stan but its looks to have been used and abused thats for sure... i think his ( could be the lighting to. ) a brighter green to...also the SN checks out

Guitar Info

Your guitar was made at the

Saein Plant, Korea

October 1999

Production Number: 2470

Saein Musical Instrument Co. Ltd

The Saein Musical Instrument Co. Ltd. is located in the Namdong Industrial Complex in Incheon, Korea. Saein was established in July 1st 1991 and has a monthly capacity of 4,500pcs. In Oct 1st 1992, Saien Began manufacturing guitars for Epiphone, who they now consider to be their main business. They also started producing their own line of guitars called Shine in 1997. In February, 2001, a new factory was opened in Gaomi City, China. This factory boasts a monthly capacity of 10,000pcs. Saein was presented the ‘The Best Quality Award of the Year’ by Gibson Epiphone USA in 1998 and 1999.

I'd have to agee with Memphs it looks like it's been played pretty hard. That being said green ones are hard to find. I paid $589 for mine so if it stays around $250 and your lookin for a project, it could be worth it. Mine and the others i've seen have an "L" serial # so it's not quite like mine. Also the color is a little deferant then the Igunia burst. Good luck. Stan.

Archived