Gibson Brands Forums

Need some input from you guys

alcorn429

I've got a Std LP Plain Top and I play every night for atleast an hour and love my guitar but I think I want another guitar. Here's my dilemma, currently I have two guitars: my LP which I don't think I'll ever get rid of and a squier strat that I sometimes play but usually it just takes its residence in its gig bag. I don't have an acoustic guitar and have been playing around with the idea of getting one of those. I've looked at afew other brands. I've also been seriously looking at getting a different style of electric or just something with some different pups in it. The electric guitars i've looked are the faded SG 400 (loved the feel of the guitar and the tone but not quite as much as my LP) the wildkat (this guitar just total blew me away. I loved the look and the feel but when I started playing it at my local GC I was simply amazed. ) The dot and dot studio (didn't really like the feel but did like the tone), and the 56 gold top (I love my LP and figured I'd throw that in because I'm interested in it). So my top choices are the SG, Wildkat, and LP or getting an acoustic. So I guess this is a 2 part questions: what have you guys heard about the SG, Wildkat, and LP? I really liked the Wildkat so I'm kinda leanin that way but the other two are cool too. and do ya think I should look at getting an acoustic? I don't really play alot of acoustic stuff but am interested in getting one someday.

I should probably also mention my budget is gonna be around 600-700 dollars for a guitar and case.

Well, if I were you I'd get the wildkat or the dot or something similar. I'd go that way cuz you said you didn't have an acoustic so you might as well get the best of both worlds (acoustic and electric). But hey, its your choice. Personally, I'd gladly take any of those. Good luck with whatever you get.

GC

"600-700 dollars"

epiphone masterbilt acoustic' date=' because you already have two interesting electrics...[/quote']

+1 on this

Everybody ends up having short amounts of time when you just can't, or don't want to plug in,

and/or times that you may want to play a little more quietly, but w/o headphones.

Acoustic guitar, opened up an entire new dimension in my playing, and allows me to hone my skills, no matter when, where, or what circumstances.

They're also VERY cool to take camping.....to a bonfire.....yard/block party, etc.etc.

BTW Chico.....did you know that Randy Rhoads FAVORITE guitar (his own words in a "Guitar World" interview)

was his nylon stringed classical acoustic?

I got a WildKat about 3 months ago...if you are looking at the Kats as an option...it's a great little guitar, I love mine.

Don't expect it to sound off like a true acoustic, but unplugged it sounds pretty good, better than the Dots I have tried. So I will go along with Twang and Ric on this.

Capt

Why do you say this? Are they going to stop production on these soon or you just think they might?

I think they might... soon. Last month they discontinued the Wildkat's brother the AlleyKat, and removed the Ebony coloured WildKat. It's just the Natural coloured WildKat now.

Wildkat. Very good guitar. Decent stock, not much money-so easier to pay for mods should you choose...quite possibly on the way out too, so time could be of the essence. For new that is. If they *do* stay in the Epi stable, I bet the price goes up too.

Archived