Gibson Brands Forums

JOE PASS AGAIN....I give up....

jozluck

Is there a different way to wire this thing or what? I have redone it four times and still, it is not reacting right.

Tone has little effect, pots good...wired properly with extra ground as in the Seymoure Duncan...new Stew Mack three way switch.....and tonal qualtiy of the pickups not that far off from each other and test out fine...whats up with this darn thing..

Any ideas? I even reversed the pickups...though spacing doesn't add up, it sounds better to be honest....fuller.

If I had the money I'd take it to Gibson....LOL!

Tone has little effect' date=' pots good...wired properly with extra ground as in the Seymoure Duncan...new Stew Mack three way switch.....and tonal qualtiy of the pickups not that far off from each other and test out fine...whats up with this darn thing..

Any ideas? I even reversed the pickups...though spacing doesn't add up, it sounds better to be honest....fuller.

[/quote']

The wiring should be pretty basic. You take the pickups to the outer terminal of the vols

and take the centre terminal of the volume over to the 3-way. As far as the tone ...you solder one side of the cap

to the pot case, and the other end of the cap to one side of the of the tone pot. Run a wire from

the center terminal the tone pot and connect the other side to the center terminal

of the volume pot and your done.... (You can also have the cap make this connection, if the leads are long

enough. Then just solder one terminal on the tone pot to ground).

Archived