Gibson Brands Forums

Heyboer transformers

51xt33

Can someone please =D> tell me the number written on the Heyboer Transformer that is being used -n the Valve Juniors? I need to know the Heyboer part number so I can order one from them. I did the search for "Heyboer" but could not come up with the part number in any messages.

Thanks!

Hey 51xt33 I post on the '51 Forum too.

To answer your question' date=' the Heyboer OT can be seen in the VJr 101 thread under "how to bias the VJr"

Midway throgh the page there are several pics that can be enlarged.

http://www.diycustomamps.com/valvejunior.htm

[/quote']

Just as a heads up, that Heyboer on my web site is way overkill for a Valve Junior circuit. It also has multiple primaries, 2.5K, 4K and 6K. IIRC, I liked the way the amp sounded with the 6K primary hooked up.

You can get it from www.dobermanamps.com. And yes, you can read the number off of the OT.

tung

Thanks guys. I plan on either building a "new Valve Junior" using a turret board or maybe buying a used V1 or V2 and upgrading. I should be able to get a really good price on the Heyboer. I buy a lot of transformers from them for the contract manufacturer I work for. I just needed the number so the inside sales guy I work with could get me a price.

Stiffhand

Glad to see a fellow '51 brother over here. I've hanging out here a little more lately since t he '51 forum has been a little slow. Plus, there ain't too many things that I can still do my sunburst other than starting all over again!

I am on the same boat, I only have one '51 and I like the way is modded so I am modding my amps and my Explorer.

I can't seem to stop tinkering with my gear...I just bought a Champ 600 and it will not be stock for long evethough it is a nice little amp as is...

• 1 year later...

The Single Ended Heyboer OT at the bottom of this page is great for the version 1 or version 2 Valve Jr or Valve Special, or any VJr with an Octal Mod. BTW, those 18watt OT's are the perfect great upgrade for the Valve Standard.

http://www.turretboards.com/transformers.htm

Gil...

Does anyone know the max DC bias for this OT? I emailed Watts Tube Audio but received no response whatsoever...

Archived