Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD...The Riviera P-93 LE has arrived!!

charlie brown

RonG

Find or make yourself a wedge shaped piece of foam..about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the ball end of the string put a 45% bend in it...hook the ball on the pin and then place the wedge under the bar and string to hold the ball on the pin of the Bigsby. Then just string it up as usual.

Works like a charm' date=' no problem of the string popping off while you're stringing it up.

NO this isn't my idea...been around for a while and I forget who told me about it here on the forum. Sure did help tho!

Capt[/quote']

Capt...thanks for the tip! Will give it a try when I get around to changing strings. The ones that came with it seem fine for now.

Rob

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RonG

Find or make yourself a wedge shaped piece of foam..about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the ball end of the string put a 45% bend in it...hook the ball on the pin and then place the wedge under the bar and string to hold the ball on the pin of the Bigsby. Then just string it up as usual.

Works like a charm' date=' no problem of the string popping off while you're stringing it up.

NO this isn't my idea...been around for a while and I forget who told me about it here on the forum. Sure did help tho!

Capt[/quote']

I have read that many people just get one of those parallelogram pink erasers and throw it into the case for just this purpose. I have had several Bigsby guitars over the years so its no big thing for me. The biggest thing is to take a needle-nosed pair of pliers and curve the ball end. Then its just a matter of hooking it up. It is a little longer to string but not a lot after you figure out what you are doing.

I have read that many people just get one of those parallelogram pink erasers and throw it into the case for just this purpose. I have had several Bigsby guitars over the years so its no big thing for me. The biggest thing is to take a needle-nosed pair of pliers and curve the ball end. Then its just a matter of hooking it up. It is a little longer to string but not a lot after you figure out what you are doing.

Great idea....thanks!

Archived