Gibson Brands Forums

Microsoft Live.com Deal

Greg Curtis

Go over to the Live.com website and open an account by clicking on "cashback" at the top of the page. Then you search on the Live.com website for the guitar you're interested in. It will list ebay as one of your choices. Click on it and you"ll be at ebay and it will list all the guitars you've searched for. Pick one out and click on the Buy It Now button and in a green box underneath the item it will show you the amount Microsoft will credit your Paypal account with. The amount will show up on your Live.com account in about 2 days if you buy the guitar. Your account gets credited after 60 days { to protect themselves from you returning the guitar after you get the rebate}. You have to purchase a Buy It Now item it won't work on an auction bid. I checked out a guitar yesterday for $1150 and the Microsoft rebate was $200.00. So I would have gotten it for $950.00. I would pay the $1150.00 for the guitar and in 60 days Microsoft puts $200.00 into my ebay account. Still thinking about it. Any more questions let me know.

I have used it twice. Once when it was 20% off so I bought a $500 guitar and received a $100 rebate. The rebate takes about 2 months to become available to you. I sent my $100 back to my paypal acct and then transfered the money to my checking acct.

I bought an amp with my 2nd purchase at 25% off.

Earlier this week there was a 30% rebate. I just couldn't find anything that I wanted.

Make sure that you read the fine print at live.com.

I'm looking to purchase another guitar from an individual presently and I'm trying to have him put it on ebay w/a BIN price including shipping. We can both make a little money. He can sell it for a little more and I can reap the rebate.

Winwin.

There is no cashback button on live.com? Tried www.live.com and also www.windowslive.com

upper right corner or just type in Epiphone in the search field. The 1st item on the next page should show ebay and 25% off.

Make sure you read the fine print.

And what part of Scotland aire ye from' date=' laddy?

CB[/quote']

I should rephrase that statement, I'm of scottish heritage.

My fathers family is from Glasgow, if my memory doesn't fail me, I recall somewhere near the River Clyde.

I've never been, but would love to spend a couple of weeks there with my clubs.

I got it to the right page but the search engine sucks. I tried a search for three different guitars that I know are on e-bay. None of them came up.

Do a general search, ie: Fender, Gibson, etc. Once you see the ebay at 25% off you can go to ebay and do your search there. Don't forget that the 25% rebate is on BIN only, not on auctions.

Good Luck

I found the site ok and Epi guitars' date=' but I cant find Ebay on there.[/quote']

Go to the live.com home page. On this page type Epiphone in the LIVE SEARCH box.

This should take you to a page that has "Epiphone Guitars - www.ebay.com" in a highlighted box at the top of the page. The 2nd line should say:

"Buy Epiphone guitars. You may get 25% off with PayPal if eligible."

Make sure that you sign up for a live.com account before you attempt to use it. It only takes a couple of minutes and it is free. I'm beginning to sound like an ad for Big Brother aka Microsoft.

Good Luck

Archived