Gibson Brands Forums

gibson lespaul classic antigue, i just bought the classic,i was wondering could i put pickup covers over these pickups,would th

Zaphod B

But if you're asking whether you can put pickup covers on the LP Classic Antique uncovered P/Us, I believe the answer is yes.

You have to remove the pickups. Some people say that you should solder or braize them to the base plate - I don't know if this is true, but I'm not sure of how else you would attach them.

Hey...I know I am old and my hearing is suppose to go! ...but trying to read fretlix's post...darn my sight is finally gone...lol...,just kidding....

If you try to solder...just don't overdo the solder. Solder enough to bond the cover to the PU bottom and solder on two opposite place on the PU...unless you want to melt the pickup bobbins and buy a PU w/cover!

I had the same idea. I asked my guitar tech and he said that it is a simple operation to do it. I asked him about wax ptting and he said the orginal PAFs were not wax potted so they would be vintage. He recommended not doing it myself. The cost is about 10 to 20 bucks plus the cost of the covers.

thanks i just joined the forum yesterday. the day before i bought the classic antigue in heritage cherry.. i thought it would look more vintage i still want to put the pick guard on,thanks great forum,whats better nickle,or chrome cvrs....

Im so glad Gibson uses nickle now instead of chrome.

It does age much better' date=' and as far as I know wont flake. I could be wrong on that though.[/quote']

I have one nickel and one chrome, its a good excuse for a new bridge pick-up =D>/

Archived