Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar Not yet tho.

Sean.BB

I was thinking about getting a new guitar and after only getting my dot about 2 months ago.

but i will soon have money rolling in hopefully, i have this thing called EMA you get it when u stay in school im from northen ireland btw.

It needs to be kinda cheap and i dare say it but i was looking at telecasters i was playing one and it felt like i had been playing it for years.

Any suggests?

I've got a tele.. two in fact. I haven't sold them yet on ebay.

One's pearl white.. I let the local body shop guy paint it and I'm certainly not saying the paint is perfect, but it's nice.

The other one, same deal, but I had it done clear.

He didn't finish sand it, so there are a couple of scratches in the sealer that show on the back. Which ticks me off. As a pro painter he should have known and told me they'd show, I'd have sanded it.

Anyway they're hard to see.

Both are saga kits..

Now.. reject those if you want.. but those saga kits are pretty nice for the money.

They usually come in a box, then you assemble them.

the tuners are junk. So I put on good imports.

I also clean the boards and dress the frets. They play sweet.

The sagas have good necks. one piece maple.. rosewood boards and pretty nice fret work straight out of the box.

The bridge pickup is very tele.. vintage output, the neck pickup.. kinda sucks. I pull 'em out and put in a better strat size pup

and the combination is pretty sweet.

You can check ebay for them as kits..

and I'd tell anyone to consider a saga kit who wants a tele..

I have a squier here and the sagas play just as nice.. and with the new neck pup and tuners play and sound function just fine.

I want about 135.00 for mine.. which is more than ebay factory box stuff, but you get more. tuners, pup, fretwork, assembled.

pics available. never had a return or complaint on a saga either, strats teles lps and prs styles.

also I'm irish so I can't bs you!

whatever else you decide. do check out the ebay sagas. I haven't got any up now, but you can see how they come stock that way.

I'd pop a four way switch in there, too, if it was me.. and I reverse the control plate. that way the big switch knob isn't in the front where you pick, it's toward the rear.. putting your volume control where you can reach it easily.

These sagas are good enough to upgrade, for sure. They make a great inexpensive tele beginner guitar. but you could easily gig with them, they play that nice and sound pretty darn good. Solid, too. headstock adjust truss rod.

I think I've sold maybe twenty or more of them.

I bring 'em up only cause you asked for something inexpensive, and sagas are the beans in that department.

On epis side. I've been digging the jr lately.. I may have to try one of those sometime.

TWANG

I've got a tele.. two in fact. I haven't sold them yet on ebay.

One's pearl white.. I let the local body shop guy paint it and I'm certainly not saying the paint is perfect' date=' but it's nice.

The other one, same deal, but I had it done clear.

He didn't finish sand it, so there are a couple of scratches in the sealer that show on the back. Which ticks me off. As a pro painter he should have known and told me they'd show, I'd have sanded it.

Anyway they're hard to see.

Both are saga kits..

Now.. reject those if you want.. but those saga kits are pretty nice for the money.

They usually come in a box, then you assemble them.

the tuners are junk. So I put on good imports.

I also clean the boards and dress the frets. They play sweet.

The sagas have good necks. one piece maple.. rosewood boards and pretty nice fret work straight out of the box.

The bridge pickup is very tele.. vintage output, the neck pickup.. kinda sucks. I pull 'em out and put in a better strat size pup

and the combination is pretty sweet.

You can check ebay for them as kits..

and I'd tell anyone to consider a saga kit who wants a tele..

I have a squier here and the sagas play just as nice.. and with the new neck pup and tuners play and sound function just fine.

I want about 135.00 for mine.. which is more than ebay factory box stuff, but you get more. tuners, pup, fretwork, assembled.

pics available. never had a return or complaint on a saga either, strats teles lps and prs styles.

also I'm irish so I can't bs you!

whatever else you decide. do check out the ebay sagas. I haven't got any up now, but you can see how they come stock that way.

I'd pop a four way switch in there, too, if it was me.. and I reverse the control plate. that way the big switch knob isn't in the front where you pick, it's toward the rear.. putting your volume control where you can reach it easily.

These sagas are good enough to upgrade, for sure. They make a great inexpensive tele beginner guitar. but you could easily gig with them, they play that nice and sound pretty darn good. Solid, too. headstock adjust truss rod.

I think I've sold maybe twenty or more of them.

I bring 'em up only cause you asked for something inexpensive, and sagas are the beans in that department.

On epis side. I've been digging the jr lately.. I may have to try one of those sometime.

TWANG[/quote']

Yeh, i just searched on ebay it would be something i would interested in.

And painting it and such.

But the only problem if you where selling me one is that the guitar as to travel a long way and those guys at the airports and postal places just couldnt give a shite about how they handle them.

I was also looking on Thomann its a european website pretty amazing. www.Thomann.de

I was looking at a 69 thinline telecaster with a f hole something along those lines. The stuff on the site is pretty cheap to, at that the site gives you a option to pay in euro or sterling but your from american and its dollars over there so i dont know how that would work.

Anyway i was looking at the epi's there pretty cheap to

SG G400 is like 192 sterling i dont know if that is amazling good but i know its good i dont really look at guitars where i live because theres only one music shop and it sucks.

The jr is a pretty nice epi at the moment to.

The tele really seems like something i would be into.

check out the site anyway.

Archived