Gibson Brands Forums

Best color picks

LesPete

Mr. Strum ' date='1, Do you bust alot of strings with that thing, and 2, your guitar must look like its been in a cat fight!!Stan.[/quote']

1) No, never have busted a string except when changing (my early days)

2) That's why I use it with the Wildkat

3) I actually seldom use it. I purchased a bone saddle for an acoustic from some guy in England and he included that and some radius gages. I'm a 1.0 to 3.0 Stubby man.

I use a black pick that I found on the floor after a Dragonforce concert. It has the Dragonforce logo on it and the name FRED in fancy lettering. I can't remember which one of the band is Fred, but it's not Herman and it's not ZP so I don't really care.

I have three silver picks from the Chris Cornell concert too, but I haven't used them. They don't have anything special written on them.

I have to say something and it will probably cause an uproar, but this is just my nature. Over at the "other" forum there are some really good people and they could have a great forum. Unfortunately they are hell bent on spending time tearing down this forum after someone posts threads like this.

Cracks me up, the "other" forum comes over here, posts this crap and then goes back and comments about how lame it is here. But then again that allows them to post more than the usual average of two posts per day over there.

The two most consistent members are MSN and Yahoo Bots.

This is not a slam on most of the members because I got to communicate with some great people, but the "look how stupid they are" mentality is just so childish.

A forum with potential that unfortunately can't stand on its own two feet.

Okay, let it rip.

Perhaps a slight case of "little man syndrome"? I guess they feel a need to validate themselves by belittling others. Could make for a much happier forum on both ends if people could just loosen up a tad and have some fun. I mean... we ARE here to be social as well as helpful, right? Otherwise... I would just spend time digging up articles and straining my eyes and brain while searching for whatever answers I might need for something. :-

Perhaps a slight case of "little man syndrome"? I guess they feel a need to validate themselves by belittling others. Could make for a much happier forum on both ends if people could just loosen up a tad and have some fun. I mean... we ARE here to be social as well as helpful' date=' right? Otherwise... I would just spend time digging up articles and straining my eyes and brain while searching for whatever answers I might need for something. :-k [/quote']

I don't mean to slam them, because like I said, there are some great people over there. They need to focus on making it a better place and they have the talent to do just that.

Could make for a much happier forum on both ends if people could just loosen up a tad and have some fun. I mean... we ARE here to be social as well as helpful, right?

+1,000

Oh, come now, anyone who's belonged to this forum knows that "What colour strap" or "what colour pick" is fairly indicative of the types of topics that have been the norm here for months.

As for having a little bit of fun, and clearly everyone has had fun with responding to the silly topics, why not? Life's too short to be "serious guitar people." lol Don't forget to smile folks, guitars aren't that serious.

As for the other place? It's still standing :0)

You know you're playing the right venue when you can't see what color pick you're holding -- and neither can your audience.

Like Billy Gibbons, I favoroured those almost free Mexican peso coins...,

it was those hedonistic $5,000 binge trips to Acapulco to obtain them that forced a change.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

I tried to copy billy and made a pick out of a kennedy half dollar.

used double sided tape on one side to keep hold of it.

just found it the other day.. haven't used it in years.

I quit posting at sewatt just because the critisism. the you're not worthy stuff. the passive aggressive bs.

so now I just build my amps by myself. too bad, too. I was having fun.

I didn't even mind people being disappointed that I wasn't learning as well as they liked.. but who needs to hear that? what good does it do?

at the other forum.. they post every bit as inanely as here..

look.. we all go through a dumbutt phase... all of us. you start there and you bungle through.. what if nobody ever helped or answered?

well, then we'd all be like that guy wereo on alt. guitar.

and look at this stuff.. we got to see the quarter pic.. etc.. so big deal it's not rocket science .. it's fun.

I still learn stuff about guitars.. and sometimes the guy with the info is way younger and otherwise less knowledgeable than me..

good! cool beans, I say.

the other forum got off to a good start.. but has petered out.. too few people, and not much to say. so they're gonna be tossing sour grapes around until they get things running well.. if at all.

epi just never should have banned people so easily in the first place.

but in the end... it's all good, eh?

I like cool picks.. they have a grip on 'em that I really like.. not totally crazy about the sound. .but they've been the perfect compromise.

cost too much. and I haven't been able to find out who makes them so I can sell them myself.

.75 each? good grief.

TWANG

There you go Twang....looks just like mine except for the dice switch tip, if you get it remove quickly, or else get the dice knobs for the volume and tone so at least it will all match.

Capt

Archived