Gibson Brands Forums

SEwatt down for ISP switch

cGil

It's been a long time coming, and today's the day. SEwatt is momentarily down while switching to a different ISP host.

Yippieeeee! =D>

Let's all pray for working search function with the new host! [-o<

Ohhhmannnepadmewannasearchfunctionohhhhmmmmmm! ](*,)'

Gil....

It always amazes me to see some sites take days to do what is routinely done in minutes, or at most, hours. Changing ISPs or servers isn't a catastrophically crippling event, unless it's orchestrated to be so. That said, I sincerely appreciate the information that I've gleaned from that site, and to date, I've yet to contribute a single penny out of pocket for that information, so who am I to complain?

Apparently none of us who have donated to SEwatt have been able to offer enough support to convince Particle to quit his day job. And with the new commercial broadband host account he's organizing, his out of pocket costs have gone up significantly. ](*,) Hopefully he'll be able to get some corporate sponsors (read that: commercial advertising) to help defray his costs. I realize that it sort of sucks to clutter up a perfectly good website with that kind of stuff, but if it helps keep the SEwatt forum up and running with a search function that actually functions, I'm all for it.

Gil...

I agree. Im a new member here and on sewatt. From what I saw on sewatt and the support of the people on the forums it seemed like a great site. I would glady wait for it to reappear online again.

Im hoping soon so I can dig into the search function and find out what I want to know and do to my vjr.

lol!

Must be a slow cooker, or a "crock pot".... Maybe Epiphone would chip in to save sewatt, after all sewatt is The authority on modding VJrs and other Epiphone amps....Must be responsible for the sale of hundreds of millions of VJrs...almost... or perhaps a bake sale ...

Lots of complaints and a few "its soon be even better" .8-[

He done the super SEWatt forum non profit or idealistic. English aint my own language and I dont know the right word, but its one thing i know for sure. It was a good forum. And i could donate some more to see it continue.

You should be grateful someone doing it instead of just complain it going too slow.8-[

Arne' date=' we're ready to donate ,garage sale , bake cakes , whatever we have to do to help support sewatt We just need a word from the owner to let us know what he needs... Than it's up to us....Right!!!![/quote']

Ok. i see. Do the owner know about your skills in the kitchen?:D

You know, you cant baking cakes with a soldering iron:-"

Actually, I think the Wattkins side of SEwatt already had something like a "Classifieds" section cooking. But we'll see what's up hopefully by Monday. For those who haven't been following Particle's progress reports on 18watt, the whole thing's now down to waiting for the web bureaucracy to recognize the change in the site's server address. Or something like that.

Gil...

SEwatt's back! And it has a search function! Might be a few more hours for the indexing to be complete, but it's been a long time coming and well worth the wait! Hey, I can use a nap anyway. :D

See ya on the flip side.

Gil...

There are whole days worth of database indexing going on the background that's eating CPU cycles like crazy. Such is the price of a functional search function. Just attempting to get it done was what fried the ISP server so often last year. Darn monster thread. ](*,)

Gil...

Archived