Gibson Brands Forums

Ten reasons why The Beatles are over-rated

Stevie Nazarenie

@layboomo

check out "answers in genesis." there has never been a proven transitional being or fossil ever recorded. it was put to richard dorkins for him to answer where it has ever been observed. he could not and did not. there are famous videos of this. it does not exist. change within a species is not evolution. dogs stay dogs no matter what type of dog they are. there is no proof that one creature has turned into another. there is no observed link...

"there are no unquestionable fossils that show a transition between any of the major life-forms."

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/hasnt-evolution-been-proven

the vidoes on revelation tv illustrate this better but i don't know whereto find them.

Flintstones...meet the Flintstones...

The "problem from evil" argument claims that these three statements cannot all be true :

1. Evil exists

2.God is omnipotent

3. God is all-loving

so...

If God can prevent evil but doesn't then he isn't all-loving.

If God intends to prevent evil, but cannot then he isn't omnipotent

If God both intends to prevent evil and is capable of doing so, then how can evil exist?

The idea of an all-knowing God is incompatible with the fact of free will. If God is omniscient, he must know beforehand what a person will do in a given situation.If that is the case, a person isn't actually free to do the alternative to what God knows they will do and therefore free will is an illusion. To take that a step further, if one chooses to commit a sin, how can it be said that one sinned freely of their own free will?

David Hume in arguing Thomas Aquinas' "Cosmological (third) argument", (that all physical things including mountains and rivers come into being and go out of existence no matter how long that process takes and since time is infinite there must have been some point where none of these physical things existed and since nothing can come from nothing there must have existed at least one eternal thing such as God to create these things in the first place) argued that the idea of of a necessarily existing being is absurd and stated "Whatever we can conceive as existent we can also conceive as non-existent" and also asked why the ultimate source of the universe couldn't be the entire universe itself, eternal and uncaused, without a God.

Thomas Aquinas' fifth argument (the argument from design) for the existence of God stated that things in the world move toward goals, just as the arrow does not move toward its goal without the archer directing it, there must be an intelligent designer who directs all things toward their goals and this is God.

Hume argued this and emphasized that there is no legitimate way we can infer the properties of God as the creator of the world from the qualities of his creation. For instance, Hume questioned how we can be certain that the world was not created by a team; or that this is not one of many attempts at creation, the first few having been botched; or, on the other hand, that our world is not a poor first attempt "of an infant deity who afterwards abandoned it, ashamed of his lame performance". Creationism can only be when there is a creator. Since there is little proof of the existence of such a "creator" beyond the mythology and wishful thinking of the otherwise non-thinking, there can therefore be no "creationism.

Nelson

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way to have "proof" is to have somebody live for hundreds or thousands of years and constantly observe a species. Fossils alone can not' date=' and will never "prove" anything because it can always be open to interpretation.

So the proof you obviously need, will never be found.

I am a Christian. But I believe in evolution. Why? Because I am inteligent. And in the same way that I don't need "proof" to prove there is a God, I don't need it to prove evolution exists. It's called faith. Faith in my beliefs, and faith in my intelligence.

I have always found it quite amusing that so many people think that evolution and the bible can not both be correct.

I think they both ARE. The bible does not make evolution impossible, nor does the theory of evolution make God's word impossible.[/quote']

I try to refrain from discussing religion and politics on these forums,but I share a similar view Brad......... the two certainly can coexist. God,Jesus,Buddha or Yoda it's all the same really there is a force that keeps it all going what ever you want to call it...... and yes chimps are your cousins in the grand scheme of things!

"Of course' date=' why didn't you think of that, you twit?!"

CB[/quote']

Wow...you've memorized lines from Hard Day's Night and Help!...I am so impressed.....but I haven't seen you take any shots at my little trivia quiz.. Shall I make it a bit easier?

OK...what was the first record released in the U.S. that the Beatles performed on...c'mon this is a really easy one...here's another clue for you all...it was on the Decca label...hmmm

Nelson

My Bonnie

CB

oooopppps my bad...That record wasn't actually released in the USA on Decca..it was scheduled for release first on April 4, 1962 and then April 23, 1962 but actually wasn't released in the U.S. until January 27, 1964 and it was then on the MGM label..the first Beatle USA release was Please,Please Me/Ask Me Why released on VJ Records February 25, 1963...I cheated so that didn't count...but I really did think one of the other Beatlmaniacs here would have caught me...OK I promise I won't cheat next time.

Nelson

@nelson

some mysteries of god will remain mysteries until he reveals them in heaven. this is said in the bible. there are some things out of the concept of man even today. no scientist could even come close answer even if he tried and i offer no explanation. for instance:

god lives in 10 dimensions. ( man has called 4th dimension time. wrongly then.)

god lives outside of time.

god is omnipresent.

god is pure light and there is no darkness in him. this means no evil, no sickness and no imperfections.

there will be no death in heaven ever or sin. how will he make sure one ant is not stepped on? or one word said wrongly?

man will live forever.

man will be raised from the dead on the day of judgement and will be judged for every thought and deed. so he knows them.

god knows all things and is allmighty.

god brought the world into being by one word. possibly not "abracadabra."

and many more...

faith of a mustard seed. we have all been given enough faith to believe and that includes those considered not able to.

"1. Evil exists"

god created satan he was called lucifer and was gods most beautifull angel until he rebeled and said he could be a god... he was cast down. evil belongs to him god has no evil in him he is pure light. he only has the ability to withdraw from man and let satan do his bidding.

2. see other post.

3. the account of genesis tells how god intended the creation to be. perfect. with no suffering. man was given his test at the same time satan was it is a one time only deal. this earth according to the jewish bible is 6000 years old and not millions as the evilutionists want us to beleive. suffering has not gone on all this time. but even so the dead will be raised on the day of judgement and ever tear will be wiped away... the evil and death and man was brought about by satan and the will of man to choose. god warned that if you eat of the fruit ye will surely die. this is called the fall. the biology then changed death and sickness came upon the world. animals nature changed too.

"The idea of an all-knowing God is incompatible with the fact of free will" ???

"If God is omniscient, he must know beforehand what a person will do in a given situation.If that is the case, a person isn't actually free to do the alternative to what God knows they will do and therefore free will is an illusion." ???

"Hume questioned how we can be certain that the world was not created by a team" god has his angels.

"Since there is little proof of the existence of such a "creator" beyond the mythology and wishful thinking of the otherwise non-thinking, there can therefore be no "creationism." the bible is the word of god. a blueprint how man should live his life. those who draw close to god will have god draw close to them. scientists don't have the heart for god. to them "god is dead." yes i agree.

the rest of the arguements are a bit confused. even so i am no biblical scholar. but i watch programs that try to offer explantion. so if i find any answers to questions you have i'll get back to you. god bless.

do you have any proof?

"We can't date fossils' date=' for three reasons. First, they are almost always too old. Second, they rarely contain any of the original carbon. And third, it is common to soak new-found fossils in a preservative, such as shellac. It is also standard to coat fossils during their extraction and transport. Acetone is sometimes used while extracting fossils, because it dissolves dirt. In short, unless you have evidence to the contrary, you should assume that most of the carbon in a fossil is from contamination, and is not originally part of the fossil."

http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/creation/carbon.html[/quote']

Dramatic proof that the Earth is only 6000 years old:

431306643_528c65a6b3.jpg

I don't know how to break this to you' date=' but the dinosaurs died out millions of years before humans arrived on the scene.[/quote']

Maybe you believe that & maybe I believe that but the folks who believe in 'creationism' don't believe that. They reason that if God made the earth in 7 days and he made humans on the 7th day and he also made dinosaurs then man must have co-existed with the dinosaurs.

And now I will bring this entire thread full-circle and tie everything together:

We all know that Ringo encountered dinosaurs in the movie Caveman so the creationists must be right and they have Ringo to thank for it. Even if he's not the world's greatest rock drummer we can conclude that man must've co-existed with dinosaurs because Ringo had to deal with them.

See, we've come full-circle.

Maybe you believe that & maybe I believe that but the folks who believe in 'creationism' don't believe that. They reason that if God made the earth in 7 days and he made humans on the 7th day and he also made dinosaurs then man must have co-existed with the dinosaurs.

And now I will bring this entire thread full-circle and tie everything together:

We all know that Ringo encountered dinosaurs in the movie Caveman so the creationists must be right and they have Ringo to thank for it. Even if he's not the world's greatest rock drummer we can conclude that man must've co-existed with dinosaurs because Ringo had to deal with them.

See' date=' we've come full-circle.[/quote']

Of course, you are right: I attacked your joke with another joke. Pardon me. Unlike our friend who considers the Beatles a great excuse to spout half-digested theology, I'm a great admirer of Richard Dawkins (our friend can't spell his name correctly). Did you know that Dr Dawkins is on the Vatican's science advisory board? Those Catholics!

But back onto topic: the Beatles are much more interesting than some dipstick's rantings...mine included.

unfortunately the celebration of halloween and hiding of nazi gold in the vatican during world war 2 as well as pope john paul 2nds speech on "smoke of Satan" entering the Catholic Church. and getting buried in a coffin shaped as a trapezoid has left many with questions... etc etc.

http://www.trapezoid.org/thought/evolution.html

his coffin.

http://www.cephas-library.com/catholic/catholic_what_did_john_paul_2_funeral_reveal.html

Finally a sensible post=d>

and catholics are thought to be the church of the anti christ by many.

Now that's just offensive. In fact, it's beyond offensive - it's indicative of actual religious intolerance. Whether or not you actually believe that, I don't think you should say that type of thing on this forum. It's no different than those idiots who interpret Matthew 27:25 as a justification for the persecution of Jewish people. Seeing that, like me, you live in England, you might want to have a quick look at the Racial and Religious Hatred Act 2006. There is no place in our society for this type of nonsense, and in some instances statements of this type are now actually criminal: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2006/ukpga_20060001_en_1#l1g1

Prolife, I preferred it when you chatted about Epiphones. Keep on with this religious track and I reckon you'll get yourself banned my friend.

This is really comical. There is but one creator, nothing more. Most religions can be traced back to the one creator, but we choose to fight over the human addition/interpretation. Like the terrorists, people that argue or put down another for their beliefs are doing nothing more than hijacking the creator.

unfortunately the celebration of halloween and hiding of nazi gold in the vatican during world war 2 as well as pope john paul 2nds speech on "smoke of Satan" entering the Catholic Church. and getting buried in a coffin shaped as a trapezoid has left many with questions... etc etc.

http://www.trapezoid.org/thought/evolution.html

his coffin.

http://www.cephas-library.com/catholic/catholic_what_did_john_paul_2_funeral_reveal.html

You have a lot of time on your hands, don't you? Me -- I keep busy. I spent yesterday delivering Thanksgiving holiday dinners to shut-ins.

It's a well-established fact that on the first run-version of Love Me Do, George Martin relegated Ringo to banging rocks together.

Archived