Gibson Brands Forums

Ten reasons why The Beatles are over-rated

Stevie Nazarenie

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a huge fan of the Beatles, they were in my top three groups when I registered the new Epi LP II, and am listening to my Beatles & solo's playlist on itunes now. I agree with the lameness of the ten reasons, except stopping playing live, however they did do the Let it Be rooftop gig. The "Rain" video that played on Ed Sullivan was an early music video, but I was 6 at the time so I can't say it was first. Ringo's drumming has been discussed, I feel that his strength was in the studio. George was not among the best at playing and admitted so, but I love his music. Paul was Paul, I've never heard him called a great or innovative bass guitar player, but he was one of the best songwriters. The conflict probably helped their music at first. I could go on. But, hey, they were a great band. They broke up in the 60's and are still selling merchandise, music and movies.

only as a non believer can science be above god or "not mix". like i say god made the world and all things in it in less than a week. his processes are what are uncovered by science and they have no ability to understand how he made the world in such a short time. "millions of years..." yes maybe for a scientist! so many things have been proven wrong.

"Increasingly, most geologists—evolutionist or creationist—who have been to the Grand Canyon will now acknowledge that the Canyon was carved by a lot of water over a little period of time, not over millions of years."

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2/4305news5-17-2000.asp

science = no possible flood on the earth? yet mars had a global flood. science is funny.:D

http://www.learnthebible.org/c_s_global_flood_on_mars_but_not_earth.htm

When I was still working in sales, my boss taught me three very important rules:

1) Never talk about your own life

2) Never talk about politics

3) Never talk about religion

Apart from maybe rule 1, they are quite useful for forum posting as well. Unless of course you're posting in a political or religious forum, which this isn't. With utmost respect I urge everyone to please stay on topic :D

Thanks!

When I was still working in sales' date=' my boss taught me three very important rules:

1) Never talk about your own life

2) Never talk about politics

3) Never talk about religion

Apart from maybe rule 1, they are quite useful for forum posting as well. Unless of course you're posting in a political or religious forum, which this isn't. With utmost respect I urge everyone to please stay on topic =P~

Thanks![/quote']

Your Boss was Right!:D

You can't out-argue badly informed religious belief with logic and science. I gave up trying years ago. If they are determined enough to believe in their myths and legends there are enough half-baked information sources generated by other people who share their delusions to back up their fairy stories. If you're dealing with an intellectual lightweight they may also be genuinely unable to see the inconsistencies in their own arguments. Frankly anybody who regularly watches religious TV and swallows it whole is an intellectual lightweight.

Leave him to it, as long as he doesn't start any more wars because his god is better than yours. We can do without that sort of religion.

9. On which Derek And The Dominos studio recording did George Harrison play guitar?

"While my guitar gently weeps."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/While_My_Guitar_Gently_Weeps

10. Who wrote the Rolling Stones' first top ten hit? What was the song? (end it with a really easy one)

I just "can't get no satisfaction" from this question...even if it's an easy question...=P~

Now with the Internet at your disposal it shouldn't take longer than ten minutes to come up with these answers and these are what I'd call pretty easy to moderately difficult questions so who's going to be the first to answer. C'mon Beatles experts' date=' your time is here....and when you're finished with these maybe we'll try some harder questions.

[/quote']

Harder questions..give us a break! It's too much work! :D

Most of us just like to hang around and read the responses.

The internet may be my teacher, but you are the "guitar guru" on this forum!

The "problem from evil" argument claims that these three statements cannot all be true :

1. Evil exists

2.God is omnipotent

3. God is all-loving

so...

If God can prevent evil but doesn't then he isn't all-loving.

If God intends to prevent evil' date=' but cannot then he isn't omnipotent

If God both intends to prevent evil and is capable of doing so, then how can evil exist?

[/quote']

I sense that this thread is evolving/mutating into the "evil vs good" argument.

To try and bring it back on topic...."cast!..whizzzzzz....plop!".....

IMO, the Lennon-McCartney songwriting team was one of the greatest contributions

to the modern era of music (60s/70s) and the songs/music they wrote will live on

for many generations.

Was there any substance to the rumour that Mick Jagger sold his soul to perform

"Symphony for the Devil"....

and... in Don McClean's "American Pie" lyrics...who was the "jester who played

for the king and queen..and who was supposed to be "satan"?

"Oh, and as I watched him on the stage

My hands were clenched in fists of rage.

No angel born in hell

Could break that satan's spell.

And as the flames climbed high into the night

To light the sacrificial rite,

I saw satan laughing with delight

The day the music died"

Harder questions..give us a break! It's too much work! :D

Most of us just like to hang around and read the responses.

The internet may be my teacher' date=' but you are the "guitar guru" on this forum!

[/quote']

#9 is Badge not while my guitar gently weeps!=P~

only as a non believer can science be above god or "not mix". like i say god made the world and all things in it in less than a week. his processes are what are uncovered by science and they have no ability to understand how he made the world in such a short time. "millions of years..." yes maybe for a scientist! so many things have been proven wrong.

"Increasingly' date=' most geologists—evolutionist or creationist—who have been to the Grand Canyon will now acknowledge that the Canyon was carved by a lot of water over a little period of time, not over millions of years."

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2/4305news5-17-2000.asp

science = no possible flood on the earth? yet mars had a global flood. science is funny.:D

http://www.learnthebible.org/c_s_global_flood_on_mars_but_not_earth.htm[/quote']

You still here?

That new medication must be keeping you up at night.

only as a non believer can science be above god or "not mix". like i say god made the world and all things in it in less than a week. his processes are what are uncovered by science and they have no ability to understand how he made the world in such a short time.

It's called a metaphor. Look into it.

i challenge everyone on this thread to watch the program above. if you can't stand the first 13min watch from 13 min on. then say science and god are not related.

here's part 2.

Prolife,

You agenda here is obvious. Your understanding of science is embarrassing. You are making a fool of yourself. Quit while you're ahead.

i challenge everyone on this thread to watch the program above. if you can't stand the first 13min watch from 13 min on. then say science and god are not related.

here's part 2.

I think it's time for this thread to be aborted.

At this point, we'll probably have to do the one where you pull it out halfway and jam a pair of scissors into it's head.

Archived