Gibson Brands Forums

Where are you from?

Guitar Chico

I just want to know where you guys are from. I don't have room to put specific countries so I put continents instead. I always imagine everyone here being from the US but I know it isn't true so I just wanted to get a good estimate. There's another post under the same name, ignore it I accidentally did a double post.

GC

BTW: I'm from the US.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as you've probably guessed from my user-name, I am from Leicester (England).

header-leicester.jpg

It's pronounced "Lester" (although if you're a local like me, then you'll probably say "Lest-uh.") It's a lovely city in the English Midlands, with some beautiful Victorian buildings. It's also the most diverse city in Britain, with over 40% of the population having their ethnic origins in the Indian sub-continent. There's a street called Belgrave Road where I promise you that you will get the best curry in Europe, and the Diwali celebrations each November are out of this world.

We've got the most successful Rugby Union club in English history (the Leicester Tigers); our football team, well....they'll definitely be back in the Premiership one day, I'm sure, (and Leicester City did produce Gary Lineker, the greatest English striker of modern times)...oh, and we are pretty good at cricket too, (although not so successful, lately...)

Great countryside in Leicestershire....The local beer (Everards) is nice too...Vibrant music scene (all the upcoming bands play "The Charlotte"), but there are loads of other music pubs, and the big acts often play De Montfort Hall... Friendly people...

Be sure to visit Leicester whenever you come to England...!

http://www.visitleicester.co.uk

Archived