Gibson Brands Forums

Valve senior?

This is a weekly question at this point.

Epiphone royally screwed the pooch on this one. They should've just kept their yaps shut about this until it was ready to ship. By now, many of those who had initial interest in it has moved on to other offerings, such as the BH and Eggbeater products in that output range. I suspect somebody's head has rolled over this one. I'm guessing that they'll approach NAMM a bit more humbly next time around.

Yeah! Didn't even think about the Winter NAMM convention coming up. Man, oh man! They're gonna have some serious s'plainin to do, all weekend long! I'd hate to be the guys manning the Epiphone booth. 8-[ If we hear reports of a food fight breaking out in that section of the convention floor, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how it started. B)

Gil...

I wasn't too wild about the Champ's tone, or the VJr combo's tone, for that matter. Small speakers and cabs are like that. I definitely wasn't wild about the Champ's price; but I gotta admit, the overall quality is better and those blond suede cabs sure do look great. Fortunately, there are mods to improve the tone of both amps on SEwatt.com. :D

Gil...

I'm really looking at them..

I think I should have jumped on the MF deals.. probably over by now.

Someone has a vjr modded to the 18 watt lite up.. on ebay.. it was like a hundred bucks yesterday with little time left.

and merc. mags. amp at 250.00?

sheesh.

TWANG

that went for 216.00.. I think that was a great deal.

Uh...yeah! As in, you can't do that build for much less than that yourself! I just finished my own baby will conversion, and can attest to the fact that it's a fantastic amp....highly recommended. It blows the doors off that mush puddle V18.

Yeah! Didn't even think about the Winter NAMM convention coming up. Man' date=' oh man! They're gonna have some serious s'plainin to do, all weekend long! I'd hate to be the guys manning the Epiphone booth. 8-[ If we hear reports of a food fight breaking out in that section of the convention floor, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how it started. =D>

Gil...

[/quote]

food fight?

where the heck are you going to get enough food for a food fight in the epiphone booth???

just grab a bus full of people, go to mcdonalds, sneak it all into the booth and throw it at their slash les paul display?

I'm not sure that's gonna be workable...

food fight?

where the heck are you going to get enough food for a food fight in the epiphone booth???

just grab a bus full of people' date=' go to mcdonalds, sneak it all into the booth and throw it at their slash les paul display?

I'm not sure that's gonna be workable...

[/quote']

You forget it's winter time! And you'd be surprised by the truly massive quantity of submarine sandwiches you can actually hide in a Navy foul weather jacket and successfully sneak past the heavily armed guards manning the quarterdeck of a warship. NAMM show with RentaCops? No problem. Let's eat! =D>

Gil...

You forget it's winter time! And you'd be surprised by the truly massive quantity of submarine sandwiches you can actually hide in a Navy foul weather jacket and successfully sneak past the heavily armed guards manning the quarterdeck of a warship. NAMM show with RentaCops? No problem. Let's eat! =D>

Gil...

save some sandwiches for the hammond booth... i mean... "suzuki hammond"

i don't want your synths, i want an organ!

Archived