Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Charlie Brown

Greg Curtis

I saw that movie the other night about Lennon and Chapman "Chapter 27". If there was any truth in the movie Chapman was a real screwball badly in need of help. I got the impression that he loved John Lennon but was also jealous of his fame and fortune and knew he could never be like him. So to gain the fame he craved he decided to kill him. A very sick minded person. Whats the story on Chapman now. Is he in prison or a hospital or has he been released already.

Haven't seen the film, Greg. So, I can't comment on it. But, Lennon's killer is still in Attica State Prison, and has been denied

parole, again, for the 5th time. Most feel he will never be let out, and I'm sure as long as Yoko's alive, that will be the case.

She musters a pretty good defense, for him remaining incarcerated. A lot of people feel, too...that if he was paroled, he'd be killed?

The parole board sights "Concern for pulbic safety and welfare," as their grounds for denial.

CB

Believe me you'll know if/when Chapman ever gets out (unlikely). I'd say his life expectancy 'on the street' would be about 72 hours. Somebody would cap him just for the notariety. In fact, I'd be surprised if he even gets to mingle with the 'general pop' in Attica.

Well, I still much prefer to watch all things "Lennon related," about his music, and life...not his tragic, and senseless murder. Had enough of that, at the time it happened!

Got out the Beatles Anthology and "Imagine," over the weekend. Fun and interesting stuff...that I never seem to get tired of, you know?

Sure Do miss him/them, though!

CB

Well, I've got a buddy who works out that way (private security, did some work at Attica) if you're REALLY curious at to what he's up to/status, but it should be noted that merely talking about Chapman gives him what he wanted when he killed Lennon.

Sure Do miss him/them' date=' though!

CB[/quote']

Same here.....

It's funny my daughter just loves the Beatles, and we sat down and watched Let it Be together for the first time awhile back. And she was in amazement how awful the Beatles songs sounded when they were rehearsing them. (She's used to listening to the final product). I had to explain to her that's how most songs start out (very raw).

The Let it Be movie really humanized the Beatles for her, and also made her realize that as a musician, even the best groups go through a progression where songs will go through many phases before it makes it to the final cut.

Yeah, and when you think about how often things are "over produced," nowadays...there's even a wider gap, between

CD sound, and "live" sound, quite often. I always thought The Beatles sounded pretty good, "Live" especially

when you consider the modest sound systems, and recording techniques, especially for that "Live" work, back then.

"Let It Be," did the same thing, for me, when it first came to the theaters. I saw The Beatles more as "real"

musicians, with all the rough spots, everyone goes through, and it was kind of "liberating," that way. But, they

were/are still "like no one else!"

CB

Archived