Gibson Brands Forums

Do you name your guitars??

mealz1281734035

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My SG-400 Custom is named "Khione" (she's alpine white, Khione is the goddess of Ice and Snow)

My LesPaul Special II Custom is named "Demeter" (she's got a vintage sunburst, and Demeter is the goddess of harvest)

I'm going for a goddesses theme.

A bit dumb, yeah, but I enjoy it.

My SG-400 Custom is named "Khione" (she's alpine white' date=' Khione is the goddess of Ice and Snow)

My LesPaul Special II Custom is named "Demeter" (she's got a vintage sunburst, and Demeter is the goddess of harvest)

I'm going for a goddesses theme.

A bit dumb, yeah, but I enjoy it. [/quote']

haha i actually think the goddess theme is kinda cool....mine are actually named after characters

I can't help it. It's a dorky idea and completely unprofessional, but I still call my black Epi Ultra II "Sid." SiD being the nickname Steven Lister gave me when I first popped up on this board.

Hey mealz, I'm a girl. You're not alone. We do exist!

I still can barely play for crap, but I'm getting better!

I name all my guitars. I think a guitar with a name gets more respect. My son's friends are all Metalheads with studded wrist straps and zippered Tripp pants and all manor of metal piercings. You should see the the respect they exude if they get a chance to play "Guilda". She's never seen buckle rash or a ding in 13 years. Guitars are like close personal friends and deserve a name. I would never lean a friend up against an amp or proped up in a corner. LOL!

1979 Yamaha SL-400 Studio Lord-"Mioshi"

1982 Antares CC-26 Classical-"Pumpkin"

2002 MIM Strat-(HSH)"The Metalcaster"

1994 Washburn D13-S "Mamma"

Yeah i do lol

My Epi Custom '66 SG is named "Serj"

My "Epi" Les Paul 100 (my dad got scammed and accidently bought a fake) is named "Paul Monoxide"

My Squier '51 is named "Lil' Richie"

and my Washburn acoustic is named "Rage"

Archived