Gibson Brands Forums

les paul zakk, is it fake?

ledzep1281734126

BTW, this is my AUTHENTIC Epi ZW Custom WITHOUT that "E" logo...

(On this picture, the nut does not look straight and looks kind of warped, but it was because of the way picture was taken from a close range. The nut is perfectly straight and cut.)

IMG_1604.jpg

Back of the headstock...

As you can see, the shoulders are bulky and the space between his left arm and the guitar's neck is smaller. Also, there are 5 fret postion markers present on the guitar's neck in the silhouette of the this guitar, whereas on the FAKE Zakk Epi's silhouette the guitar has only 2 rather sloppy looking fret position markers.

IMG_1610.jpg

And the Warranty Card with the matching serial # & inspector #.

(Printed on what I feel the very same or similar paper stock with my other Epi Warranty cards)

IMG_1611.jpg

Then it's kinda crazy' date=' I have posted 10 different guitars from different sellers, even some dealers, and they are all fake.[/quote']

I stand corrected ...#-o There are Zakk Wylde series that don't have the LTD EDT logo at the back which are infact authentic... but I have never seen one without a logo..weird !! Confusing huh :-

Just an update...

I had emailed those above photos w/serial # to Gibson to officially confirm its authenticity (despite the absence of "Limited Edition E logo) yesterday, and just got a response back today (boy, those guys are fast!!!).

According to Gibson, what I have (ZW Custom pictured above) is indeed authentic one. NOT a fake!!!

(I feel so much better now, hearing it from Gibson. What I had going for before was what the local store had told me. But they weren't authorized Gibson dealer and they could've been wrong---)

Regarding the absence of that "E" logo on the back, the Gibson rep wrote, "The “Limited” logo was a change made later in production, so earlier models do not have them."

So this officially confirms that not all authentic Epiphone ZW Customs have that "E" logo.

Some do, and some don't...

So just because one does not have that logo, that does NOT automatically make it a counterfeit...

Archived