Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone FT 350 BL

Adrien

Hi there!

I recently found out that the guitar a bought for a couple of € a few years ago is actually a FT 350 BL.

Only problem is that there is now serial number and the original blue label mentionning the model and serial has been replaced by an epiphone custom shop label long time ago...

It came with a good hard case and I bought the guitar mainly because it was a nice guitar with a relatively good sound...

Now the question is : what's it really worth at the moment??

You'll find some pics here : http://s420.photobucket.com/albums/pp285/elnationalquarterback/Epiphone%20FT350BL/

Greetz,

Adrien

Its definetly the wrong label and the wrong model number the Ft series for that model should have had a rosewood back and side with a spruce top, yours has a flamed maple ( very pretty by the way ) so its going to be hard to give you a value. But most of the FT series run about $250 in excellent shape down to $125-175 in average shape, so you got yourself a nice deal, looks like from about the mid 70's, very nice guit you have there hope you play the you know what out of her.Ship

• 1 year later...

Ship, I just ran across your answer and will argue with you- I have an FT350BL (for Blonde) SN 35(?)833453 that I bought new in 1973 from a music store in Omaha and has not left my hands since. The first two numbers are not legible.

It was a nice guitar, but not spectacular, up until 1998 when I dropped it onto a concrete floor and a split developed in the heel of the neck where it joins the body. I sent it to John Bolin in Idaho who not only made an undetectable repair of the split, but replaced and re-set the bridge. Since his magic, I'd put this guitar up against nearly any other acoustic for action, playability, and clear as a bell tone- and yes, I've played Taylors, Breedloves, etc.

• 10 years later...

I recently bought a Ephiphone 350 BL for aprox.

300 plus $. It is beautiful, especially the blonde flame maple sides and back. I know it’s laminate top, sides and back. I suppose it was built in the 70’s. It has a clear ringing tone and good sustain! I believe the neck is bolt on, from what I can see, looking through the soundhole. I have adjusted the trussrod to lower the action. At the 12th fret  it’s still too high for my satisfaction. Any and all advice accepted.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 4:42 AM, bo avirett said:

I have adjusted the trussrod to lower the action. At the 12th fret  it’s still too high for my satisfaction. Any and all advice accepted.

Is there any height to the existing saddle such that it could be shaved down a bit to lower the action?  Otherwise, as a 50-year-old guitar, it may need a neck reset, which is not that big a deal with a bolt on neck, but I'd have a luthier or repair tech do it and give you a pro setup.