Gibson Brands Forums

New Toy!

Got to bring this home today!!!

(The SG with the P90's' date=' that is.)

Sounds fantastic with the Vjr.

I'm a true believer in P90's and Vjr's now!!! [/quote']

How well do those P90's drive the VJr? I got a Strat recently and it's just doesn't drive the Blues Custom like humbuckers do. No complaints though.

How well do those P90's drive the VJr? I got a Strat recently and it's just doesn't drive the Blues Custom like humbuckers do. No complaints though.

The P90s' are nothing like the single coils' in Strats. Its' at least as aggressive in the crunch department as the Angus Young humbucker in the other SG, and they clean up great w/ the guitar volume knob. Big, fat, well rounded tone. I think its' now my new favorite pickup of all time.

I tried p90s and now I love 'em.

they too often get described as being in between but to me it's more like best of both worlds.

makes my vj sing..!

those vjs love pedals by the way.. so I'd bet your blues custom would, too, spaarky. esp. with single coils.

on the vj the difference between clean and overdrive on the dial when using hums or singles tells the tale.

TWANG

Oh Yeah! I've been wanting a SG Classic for quite awhile, can't afford one right now tho. Always liked SGs. I have a Les Paul Junior with a single P90 in the bridge position. Great cleans and totally ferocious when cranked.

Archived