Gibson Brands Forums

Which SG should I buy?

led head

The 66' is the same as the regular G400. Same Epi pups.

The Tony Iommi has, Gibson USA pups, mother of pearl inlays, and several other features that the 66' does not have.

So it's a no-brainer, if they cost the same. Get the Tony Iommi!!

The Iommi has a 24 fret neck and active EMG pickups. If those features are big plusses for you, or if your most common tone is big crunchy distort-o-rama, get the Iommi. If not, the G400 is more versatile.

Or if the price is a really good one, get the Iommi, sell it for a profit, then buy the G-400 and pocket the difference. The Iommi's are usually a bit costlier.

The Iommi has a 24 fret neck and active EMG pickups. If those features are big plusses for you' date=' or if your most common tone is big crunchy distort-o-rama, get the Iommi. If not, the G400 is more versatile.

Or if the price is a really good one, get the Iommi, sell it for a profit, then buy the G-400 and pocket the difference. The Iommi's are usually a bit costlier.[/quote']

great idea! i may just do that...

Go for the Iommi guitar. The upgrade on the pickups are worth it. Plus the extra 2 frets if you need them. I have seen mine go up in value since I bought it. Id love to know the production numbers for this guitar. Coz it is the equal to my 1968 Gibson SG Standard. The sound is amazing. The neck profile is better than my Gibson! I wouildn`t trade it for a Gibson!

Archived