Gibson Brands Forums

Ignore Them And They Will Go Away

Ron G

I started reading this thread a couple of days ago and thought, It's not worth my time. Then I see it again today and it's much much bigger and I'm thinking that I've got to be pretty board to read all of it.

Having said all of that - this wouldn't be an issued if everyone would just sell their Epiphones and buys Gibsons. There it's as simple as that.

So... whose first?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ron,

You know that Mr. Nelson enjoys the sword play.

Kinda like your crusty old uncle Al.

Heck if we were to ignore him he might disappear for awhile only to reappear like Houdini.

At least the guy has principles from which he seldom varies.

I on the other hand am swayed easily by any asian beauty with a hourglass shape and a nice woman tone.

I'm sure deep down Gregzy really loves us or he would find something better to do with his time.

What a touchy bunch of musicians. Mr. Nelson has a passion for vintage. Newer kids have a passion for what they can afford. Most of us that are a little older' date=' buy what we can afford, like and what feels right and natural, regardless of other opinions.

Threads like this are like an accident on the highway, we all stop to see what's going on (like me. Hell I'm even responding), and then we go on.

I joined the forum for insight on upgrades; what other people have (I too love vintage, just not the wallet or wife to justify the purchase); and to keep up on Epiphones because my first was a Japanese EA-250 that did not come close to the originals. (You never forget your first!)

As for copies of the originals, everything today is a copy of the original. Even American made.

Epiphone will learn from thier mistakes. If they produce subpar products, people will decide to purchase a better brand. Many will start out purchasing them, work through the hassles, put them up for sale on e-bay, and will reject their products until a better product comes a long.

I would love to see Epiphone move in a better direction, but I'm smitten with the Brand and will watch what they do next. Not an assurance to buy the latest, but to at least keep informed.

Enough on this . . . Time to play.

[/quote']

Well, I think that we as adults and those of us who are older have to take into account our very own passions as well as those of our kids! lol... it all comes from the same pocket, so it makes the situation a bit more complicated and much more interesting for sure!

I'm glad we are standing up to these uneducated, undisciplined, delinquents and treating them like they deserve.

They are getting away with this because we can't confront them face to face and settle the issue, one on one.

As for quality, anyway, Gibson has fallen way behind from the old days and Heritage has taken up the banner and is producing way better guitars, looking at the same tradition.

Also, other guitar makers are making way better guitars, like ESP. Even Peavey makes great guitars. But Epi's have an aura all their own that is Gibsonesque and affordable.

I have heard many reports that the Epi's often play, feel, sound, and look better thant the Gibson counterpart. I have played Epi's that sound better than Gibson counterparts.

Plus a lot of people like to hot rod their less expensive guitars and turn them into works of art that they are really proud of.

As to ignoring them, I say keep up the posting and defend our points of view.

Think about what newbies think when they come to this site or post on the site........ The atmosphere is contaminated by these crude, offensive, has beens, that drop from the rafters

like rat s***, or blood sucking vampires; infectious and self serving.

They are definitely not here on a positive note to help anyone out or try to give acceptable advice, they just harrass and antagonize people to their own obvious delight and will continue to do so.

We need to get the word out to any newbies or passersby that we are on to them and let them see that there is a perspective here that we have regarding these ignorant fools. They know what they are doing is wrong and like some juvinile delinquents they return to their behavior compulsively, automatically, unscrupulously.

The facts deny most of the stuff they say. Gibson is far from what it was and the prices are not consistent with the drop in quality. For the bang for your buck you can get a way better guitar for far less, and one that looks almost exactly like a Gibson. The copies are only slightly different, giving them legal rights to produce good looking guitars and taking the monopoloy of the generic shape away from Gibson and Fender. I think this is what really irritates these dudes. They think that everything has to be American made or it's junk, which we all know is not true. Guitar making has progressed immensely in the Far East and even in Mexico. There is a very long chain of history behind Spanish guitar making.

These guys are antagonists that serve no useful purpose and are has beens who think they are something above the regular guy. They insult people by insinuating they don't have the money to buy quality guitars, even though they know a lot of people don't have a lot of money and that a lot of people are losing their jobs and others are fearing to lose their jobs and they are tight with their spending. It doesn't take a genius to know this, not to insinuate that these uneducated characters are geniuses by any means. They are crude, stupid, foolish, trouble makers that wouldn't last on the street for more than a couple days. They would be eliminated from the club, stopped at the door, or even worse if need be. They make use of this avenue of expression to engage in mentally disturbed behavior by insulting and harrassing innocent people. It's a psychological thing like a compulsive aggressive syndrome and I wouldn't be surprised if they have been prescribed medicine by their doctors to help control their inner compulsions but that they refuse to take the medicine. This is common among the crimminally insane.

Some people have anti social disorders that control their behavior and cause them to aggressively attack innocent people that they see as easy prey. The proctective barrier of the internet gives them untouchability and they persevere in their aggressive behavior. The forum is not moderated and they exploit that weakness as a means to express their compulsive aggressive behavior and need to degrade people that they like to think are somehow below them. The fact of the matter is that they are the deviants. Despicable deviants engaging in corrupt behavior motivated by diagnosed or undiagnosed mental problems.

They are not going to just go away but we need to keep the word out on them and let visitors and the ones they attack know that we are onto their foolish game.

Of course we will ignore their posts, but we will see them and can reassure the posters that these jerks are jerks and not to pay attention to them but to sift their threads for the really useful info that they can get from those of us that have useful info to offer, instead of the sorry s*** these uneducated and mannerless fools try to inject.

Keep putting the word out.

Duffy

I'm glad we are standing up to these uneducated' date=' undisciplined, delinquents and treating them like they deserve.

They are getting away with this because we can't confront them face to face and settle the issue, one on one.

As for quality, anyway, Gibson has fallen way behind from the old days and Heritage has taken up the banner and is producing way better guitars, looking at the same tradition.

Also, other guitar makers are making way better guitars, like ESP. Even Peavey makes great guitars. But Epi's have an aura all their own that is Gibsonesque and affordable.

I have heard many reports that the Epi's often play, feel, sound, and look better thant the Gibson counterpart. I have played Epi's that sound better than Gibson counterparts.

Plus a lot of people like to hot rod their less expensive guitars and turn them into works of art that they are really proud of.

As to ignoring them, I say keep up the posting and defend our points of view.

Think about what newbies think when they come to this site or post on the site........ The atmosphere is contaminated by these crude, offensive, has beens, that drop from the rafters

like rat s***, or blood sucking vampires; infectious and self serving.

They are definitely not here on a positive note to help anyone out or try to give acceptable advice, they just harrass and antagonize people to their own obvious delight and will continue to do so.

We need to get the word out to any newbies or passersby that we are on to them and let them see that there is a perspective here that we have regarding these ignorant fools. They know what they are doing is wrong and like some juvinile delinquents they return to their behavior compulsively, automatically, unscrupulously.

The facts deny most of the stuff they say. Gibson is far from what it was and the prices are not consistent with the drop in quality. For the bang for your buck you can get a way better guitar for far less, and one that looks almost exactly like a Gibson. The copies are only slightly different, giving them legal rights to produce good looking guitars and taking the monopoloy of the generic shape away from Gibson and Fender. I think this is what really irritates these dudes. They think that everything has to be American made or it's junk, which we all know is not true. Guitar making has progressed immensely in the Far East and even in Mexico. There is a very long chain of history behind Spanish guitar making.

These guys are antagonists that serve no useful purpose and are has beens who think they are something above the regular guy. They insult people by insinuating they don't have the money to buy quality guitars, even though they know a lot of people don't have a lot of money and that a lot of people are losing their jobs and others are fearing to lose their jobs and they are tight with their spending. It doesn't take a genius to know this, not to insinuate that these uneducated characters are geniuses by any means. They are crude, stupid, foolish, trouble makers that wouldn't last on the street for more than a couple days. They would be eliminated from the club, stopped at the door, or even worse if need be. They make use of this avenue of expression to engage in mentally disturbed behavior by insulting and harrassing innocent people. It's a psychological thing like a compulsive aggressive syndrome and I wouldn't be surprised if they have been prescribed medicine by their doctors to help control their inner compulsions but that they refuse to take the medicine. This is common among the crimminally insane.

Some people have anti social disorders that control their behavior and cause them to aggressively attack innocent people that they see as easy prey. The proctective barrier of the internet gives them untouchability and they persevere in their aggressive behavior. The forum is not moderated and they exploit that weakness as a means to express their compulsive aggressive behavior and need to degrade people that they like to think are somehow below them. The fact of the matter is that they are the deviants. Despicable deviants engaging in corrupt behavior motivated by diagnosed or undiagnosed mental problems.

They are not going to just go away but we need to keep the word out on them and let visitors and the ones they attack know that we are onto their foolish game.

Of course we will ignore their posts, but we will see them and can reassure the posters that these jerks are jerks and not to pay attention to them but to sift their threads for the really useful info that they can get from those of us that have useful info to offer, instead of the sorry s*** these uneducated and mannerless fools try to inject.

Keep putting the word out.

Duffy[/quote']

Come on man, don't sugar coat it, tell us how you REALLY feel... (I've said it before, this forum NEEDS a rolley eyes smiley.)

The overabundant thin skin on this forum astounds me. It is the INTERNET, people... not every post is going to be polite, well worded, or even contain punctuation. People have varying points of view, and varying opinions. Some will express those opinions more strongly and abrasively than others, just like in real life. You will not like every poster on the board, just like in real life. That doesn't automatically make the ones you don't like "ignorant jerks", or however you so eloquently put it. Sure, sometimes, more often than not perhaps, Marx and Nelson (as well as a few others, on both sides of the argument) can come off as arrogant pricks. I have also read posts by both that are informative and helpful, and even a few that are saying positive things about epiphones, in context of the thread. They are real people, with a lifetime of real experiences and knowledge, just like everybody else on this forum. Personally, I think some of the so-called "flame wars" are just down right comical... everybody takes everything so damn personal around here. If everybody would just lighten up a bit, it really wouldn't be an issue. Everybody should know by now what the end result is going to be if a thread is posted claiming that this epiphone is better than that gibson for whatever reason... do we really need to react as if it is a total shock EVERY time it happens? Come on guys, grow up. Or, at least grow a set. If somebody's opinion offends you, then defend your own opinion with valid reasons. Just quit whining because some guy on the internet says your $500 chinese made Epiphone isn't as nice as their $2500 american made Gibson or that todays' guitars are not made as well as they were 40 years ago, by either company. It offends you, because the truth hurts. Epiphones are great guitars, but far from the best on the market, even in thier own price range. Likewise, Gibsons are somewhat of a shadow of what they once were, and are arguably not even worth the money today. Words like "value", "quality", and especially "better" or "best" are highly subjective, and fairly immeasurable. We will never all agree, hence why this is called a "discussion" forum. Otherwise, the first post in every thread would read "Epiphones are perfect, and totally awesome!" followed by 5 pages of posts that read simply "+1".

I've made a few friends and a few enemies in my short time here, mainly because I call it like I see it, and rarely bother to try to censor myself at all. Sorry if that offends anyone, but the fact of the matter is that I'm the exact same way in real life, ask any of my friends, enemies, and/or bandmates. It's called life, people. If you can't handle the internet, turn off the computer and go play your guitar... wherever it was made, and however much you paid for it.

Does anybody know if there is a way to ignore a poster on this forum automatically? I looked and could not find it.

The scarecrow post was too much for me. This is not what music or guitar playing is about.

I thought the scarecrow post was pretty funny, actually. :-s

Mean, but funny. Which is kinda what I was getting at in my last post... learn to laugh at jokes as opposed to being offended by them. Geez, I hope some of you never watch a stand-up comedian... you just might drop and die of being offended. (Insert non-existant rolley eyes smiley here, again.)

Absolutely nothing of any relevance...just more foaming' date=' delusional blather from yet another insecure cretin..

Duffy[/quote']

Thanx for the laugh ...any time you want to put what you know up against what I know..go for it...from what you've posted you obviously know nothing ..I, no doubt, have forgotten more than you'll ever know about the history, the methods of construction and manufacture and the business of guitars so keep ignoring me... one more self-validating clown for ever-growing list...

Mr.Nelson

I thought the scarecrow post was pretty funny' date=' actually. :-s

Mean, but funny. Which is kinda what I was getting at in my last post... learn to laugh at jokes as opposed to being offended by them. Geez, I hope some of you never watch a stand-up comedian... you just might drop and die of being offended. (Insert non-existant rolley eyes smiley here, again.)[/quote']

I use a cartoon mouse smashing a guitar as my avatar...are some of these people so obtuse as to not recognize the humor in all this?...geez...after reading posts like Duffy's my side aches from laughing...I leave here in hysterics after watching these people turn themselves inside out if they think their life-defining possessions are being defiled...I' m telling you, this is better than the Comedy Channel most days...and I read Twang's post...and I close my eyes...and I SEE that scarecrow and I hear him singing...I could wile away the hours......and I'm as serious as a heart attack about that...

Mr.Nelson

Yer F'in nuts Neslon. Plus you are obviously ignorant. Your assumptions suck. Your attitude sucks. You wouldn't last long in a face to face situation.

You bully people around and insult them. You think it's comical but those you attack don't dude. You are an a** h***.

I don't visit any other forums that tolerate people like you. You would be gone quicker than you'd think. But if you are as enlightened as you think you are you already know that and that's why you plague this forum.

Who needs your s***? Have you asked yourself that?

I agree that you gloat over your success at pissing people off, as attested by your last ignorant uncultured post that reveals once again your total lack of class. You missed something somewhere dude, probably a long time ago, back in your formative years, and now you are just going thru your mental illness in bliss. Get help dude. Do yourself a favor, not us.

Duffy

I use a cartoon mouse smashing a guitar as my avatar...are some of these people so obtuse as to not recognize the humor in all this?...geez...after reading posts like Duffy's my side aches from laughing...I leave here in hysterics after watching these people turn themselves inside out if they think their life-defining possessions are being defiled...I' m telling you' date=' this is better than the Comedy Channel most days...and I read Twang's post...and I close my eyes...and I [i']SEE[/i] that scarecrow and I hear him singing...I could wile away the hours......and I'm as serious as a heart attack about that...

Mr.Nelson

Kinda funny how I've posted plenty of times about my Epi, and my Chinese fakes, and you've never had an ill word to say towards me... of course, I have never claimed any of my guitars to be anything more than what they are. Wonder if there's any coorelation to that? :-s

Granted, I may not agree with everything you post, or the way in which you post it at times, but I do at least get where you're coming from, and can see the knowledge behind your posts. Sometimes. Other times, you're just being humorously mean... and I think those are the posts I like best, actually. It's like watching "House", without all the medical talk, LOL.

Don't mind me.

I just stopped by to practice my typing.......

COMEDY-1.gif

This was by far the best post on this entire thread !!!!!!!!

This is what I feel like doing quite often after reading the seemingly endless attacks, bickering, and outright absurdity that we thrust upon each other in here.

I'll keep my take on this situation simple...........my ego is small, remember, i'm the one that doesn't mind being called a "shmuck", because I realize that i'm NOT special.

My resources ARE limited......but i'm lucky compared to many, my home is almost paid for, my wife & I both drive AMERICAN luxury cars, that are paid for, I have one of the best paying careers in this area, my profitshare last year was over $19,000, and this is just "giveaway" money, to blow as we see fit.

I have Gibsons and Fenders..........and if I hear one of these with a tone that GRABS me, i'll buy it.

The reason I've bought 2 Epi's, is simple, I was in GC with a wad of cash in my pocket...........and the guitar with the BEST TONE FOR THE $$ came home with me.

Could I have bought the Gibson equivalent of each of these guitars? Yes, but why SHOULD I, when the Epi sounds as good, or even better, and leaves me lots of cash left for other equipment, or another diamond for my wife?

Yer F'in nuts Neslon. Plus you are obviously ignorant. Your assumptions suck. Your attitude sucks. You wouldn't last long in a face to face situation.

You bully people around and insult them. You think it's comical but those you attack don't dude. You are an a** h***.

I don't visit any other forums that tolerate people like you. You would be gone quicker than you'd think. But if you are as enlightened as you think you are you already know that and that's why you plague this forum.

Who needs your s***? Have you asked yourself that?

I agree that you gloat over your success at pissing people off' date=' as attested by your last ignorant uncultured post that reveals once again your total lack of class. You missed something somewhere dude, probably a long time ago, back in your formative years, and now you are just going thru your mental illness in bliss. Get help dude. Do yourself a favor, not us.

Duffy[/quote']

Seriously? :-s

Honestly, man... why do you let it get under your skin so bad? Is the rest of your life SO perfect that all you have to worry about is some rude guy on a messageboard belittling your choice of guitars?

Just like he's not going to convince anyone who doesn't already believe that modern epis are garbage, you nor anyone else here is going to convince him to change his ways of posting. I can see that, and just laugh it off... I don't see why you and a few others find that so difficult. Please, post a link to one of these mystical "troll free" forums you speak of... I doubt they exist. Every forum on the web has its' own "Nelson" and "Marx", in some fashion. Wouldn't be the INTERNET without 'em, IMO.

This was by far the best post on this entire thread !!!!!!!!

This is what I feel like doing quite often after reading the seemingly endless attacks' date=' bickering, and outright absurdity that we thrust upon each other in here.

I'll keep my take on this situation simple...........my ego is small, remember, i'm the one that doesn't mind being called a "shmuck", because I realize that i'm NOT special.

My resources ARE limited......but i'm lucky compared to many, my home is almost paid for, my wife & I both drive AMERICAN luxury cars, that are paid for, I have one of the best paying careers in this area, my profitshare last year was over $19,000, and this is just "giveaway" money, to blow as we see fit.

I have Gibsons and Fenders..........and if I hear one of these with a tone that GRABS me, i'll buy it.

The reason I've bought 2 Epi's, is simple, I was in GC with a wad of cash in my pocket...........and the guitar with the BEST TONE FOR THE $$ came home with me.

[b']Could I have bought the Gibson equivalent of each of these guitars? Yes, but why SHOULD I, when the Epi sounds as good, or even better, and leaves me lots of cash left for other equipment, or another diamond for my wife?[/b]

Isn't it a shame we can't convince the wives to follow the same logic in the jewlery store? "Why sould I buy the diamond equivalent of this ring, when the cubic zirconium looks just as pretty, or even prettier, and leaves me lots of cash for a matching necklace and bracelet, or another Gibson for my husband?" :-s

Thanx for the laugh ...any time you want to put what you know up against what I know..go for it...from what you've posted you obviously know nothing ..I' date=' no doubt, have forgotten more than you'll ever know about the history, the methods of construction and manufacture and the business of guitars so keep ignoring me... one more self-validating clown for ever-growing list...

Mr.Nelson

[/quote']

Just another infidel?

Keep dreaming...nice Asian copy of something that sorta looks like a Sheraton...but real Sheratons NEVER had stop tail pieces...nice copy' date=' as I said...but still just a copy of something else...

Mr.Nelson[/quote']

That's true but so what? Are you going to tell us that the trapeze tailpieces are/were 'better' than the stopbar?

I certainly hope not, because because if I had to choose between a trapeze & a stopbar I'd take the stopbar all day long. A no-brainer.

Yeah. I think it is wrong what this person does.

You can tell them they are cool and agree with them, do whatever you want.

But the more of us that stand up to their ignorant harrassment the better.

See how you would feel if harrassed by him/them. I don't think you'd like it either.

I'm sure they love to hear you praise their worthyness. You are just validating them, encouraging them to continue in their behavior.

No other forum that I visit has people like that on there. They get kicked off.

No wonder they call us delusional sheep. If we don't react to their ignorance we are just like they say.

I'm not going to take their abuse. If you want to, okay with me. If you want to be secure in your complacence while they don't harrass you, and not stand up for the other members that they do harrass, do it. No one can tell you what to do. You do what is in your heart.

These guys are wrong and something is wrong with them. They prey on people they call delusional sheep. This is easy to see. But for some of us it is intolerable. So we moderate our own forum.

We won't stop calling them out on their harrassment, even if they enjoy it.

Duffy

No other forum that I visit has people like that on there. They get kicked off.

Duffy

There is one website/forum dedicated to sarcastic humor and flamewars.

http://www.fark.com

News articles to the right - Threads/Flames to the left (click the number) - The headlines are the best!

That is by far my favorite site on the internet. Informative' date=' entertaining, and sometimes just plain wrong (in a decency sense). I'm not a member, and I wouldnt post there in a million years. I would have my *** handed to me in a heartbeat. But man, its a fun read.

[b']Nelson[/b], you should check it out. I think you might like it. Seriously. It may give you a little insight on how to execute your sarcastic humor a little more effectively without pissing on the collective.

I think there will be some peace from this point forward.

I hope so. There was a lull just after the beginning of the New Year when I really thought this would be a civil, respectful, forum. It lasted only about 3 weeks, and then seemed to get even worse, as if making up for lost time.

I hope so. There was a lull just after the beginning of the New Year when I really thought this would be a civil' date=' respectful, forum. It lasted only about 3 weeks, and then seemed to get even worse, as if making up for lost time.

[/quote']

Let's just say that marxbros is a solo act for now, and the curtain is closing on his little escapade.

I hope so. There was a lull just after the beginning of the New Year when I really thought this would be a civil' date=' respectful, forum. It lasted only about 3 weeks, and then seemed to get even worse, as if making up for lost time.[/quote']

"Civil" is a subjective term. It's not that I would like the forum to be civil, polite, etc. It's fine when people are straightforward and speak their minds. But Greg is the equivalent of a heckler at a live performance. His

disruptions serve no purpose other than to, well, disrupt. And the repetitive nature of those disruptions is just getting very old. He rants about other members repeating the same old crap while he repeats the same old crap. He rants about

others feeding their damaged egos with beliefs about Epiphones while he feeds his damaged ego with his beliefs about Epiphones. And on and on.

"Civil" is a subjective term. It's not that I would like the forum to be civil' date=' polite, etc. It's fine when people are straightforward and speak their minds. But Greg is the equivalent of a heckler at a live performance. His

disruptions serve no purpose other than to, well, disrupt. And the repetitive nature of those disruptions is just getting very old. He rants about other members repeating the same old crap while he repeats the same old crap. He rants about

others feeding their damaged egos with beliefs about Epiphones while he feeds his damaged ego with [i']his[/i] beliefs about Epiphones. And on and on.

I was thinking more about Marx, who has a cheap shot (a brief one albeit) to fire at just about anyone. Also more like a heckler. But pretty alarming for a newbie who might not know if or why he was being singled out.

Archived