Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone else have an Ultra II ?

RaSTuS

My Ultra 2 is pretty good. There is a small area in the first fret where the

wood looks like it could have had a bit more varnish, but it doesn't affect how it plays.

Could you post some pics? Not just of the neck, but of the whole guitar.

Always nice to see new gear!

guitarpics003.jpg

My Ultra 2 is pretty good. There is a small area in the first fret where the

wood looks like it could have had a bit more varnish' date=' but it doesn't affect how it plays.

Could you post some pics? Not just of the neck, but of the whole guitar.

Always nice to see new gear![/quote']

Yeah, tomorrow, just tried using the flash but the pix came out all flared, it'd be easier in natural light (3am here).

I Have an Ultra (not II ) made in Korea...It's one of the best guitar I ever played ( surprising, but away ahead than my American Strat )

For my taste, I love the finish of the neck, his size and the perfect way the frets edges are smooth like a 2000$ guitar. I really have nothing to

complain about. Maybe the fact it was built in Korea helped a lot !

It's my number one guitar for gigs and practices.

I have an Ultra 1.

So do I and it's my favourite guitar. The finish etc. is just fantastic.

I placed an 'expression of interest' order with my local dealer when the Ultra II was announced but when the dealer finally got a couple in they were AU$500 dearer than the Ultra (I). No way are they worth that.

I placed an 'expression of interest' order with my local dealer when the Ultra II was announced but when the dealer finally got a couple in they were AU$500 dearer than the Ultra (I). No way are they worth that.

I ordered it after seeing it on the cover of Giuitarist Australia mag, when I ordered it the price was AU$ 1,499 (RRP), by the time it turned up the price was AU$ 1,599 and heading north, I think I paid AU$ 1,400 or something like that at Music Centre Gosford. Damn he should of given me a bit of a discount, I dropped 4,000 - 5,000 in his shop over 2 months.

I ordered it after seeing it on the cover of Giuitarist Australia mag' date=' when I ordered it the price was AU$ 1,499 (RRP), by the time it turned up the price was AU$ 1,599 and heading north, I think I paid AU$ 1,400 or something like that at Music Centre Gosford. Damn he should of given me a bit of a discount, I dropped 4,000 - 5,000 in his shop over 2 months.

[/quote']

There is just no way I'd pay those prices for an Epi (I currently have a Super Dot and an Ultra). I paid AU$799 for my Ultra I a little over 12 months ago. I think Epiphone are pricing themselves out of the Australian market.

My favourite guitar shop in Windsor NSW sells Tokai LPs with handwound Aussie Mick Brierley pups for around $899. The Tokai is far better quality than Epi and with the Brierleys there's no comparison.

Gord' date='

here are some pix, if you look carefully you can see my clothes line in the reflections. Think I sent you the wrong thread url in that initial email, in case you haven't seen it the proper url is http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=7842, it has the full story on the neck.

myLP_Ultra-II_010crop1scale1.png

mySG-400-Custom_011crop1scale1.png

That's some nice lookin' guitars. That SG is really nice.

I'm glad you got the finish looked after on the Ultra 2.

There is just no way I'd pay those prices for an Epi (I currently have a Super Dot and an Ultra). I paid AU$799 for my Ultra I a little over 12 months ago. I think Epiphone are pricing themselves out of the Australian market.

My favourite guitar shop in Windsor NSW sells Tokai LPs with handwound Aussie Mick Brierley pups for around $899. The Tokai is far better quality than Epi and with the Brierleys there's no comparison.

I was in love with the Guitarist Oz cover and totally intriuged by the NanoMag's acoustic properties. At the time I had plenty of pesos too. wish I still did.

Archived