Gibson Brands Forums

the Epiphone Riviera P93......is this for real???

I was crusin the net trying to find my one and only true love , the epi riviera P93, i ordered on of ebay the day after christmas and it ended up being sent back and became one of those U fix guys. can any one tell me if the web site is laget? or just a scam...... and if any one has any info if they are coming back out with these, i called musicfriend and they told me that they would be gettin more in around March. heres the site with the rivs http://pelangimusic.net/store/index.php?searchStr=riviera&act=viewCat&Submit=Go ..... or just got to pelangimusic.net

Looks real, but for that price would be a hell of a deal! I have never had any dealing with that company tho. As the old saying goes...if it sounds to good to be true, more than likely it is. If it is real tho and they have only one..you may have messed up cause a few on here sure are wanting one of them still.

Capt

ok just check out this method of payment, im just a college student i dont want my life savings to be takin by some Indo Chinese company, does this still look laget, and if so has anyone had experince purchasing a guitar this way before? i realy want it but i have never delt with an overseas company http://pelangimusic.net/store/modules/gateway/Print_Order_Form/orderForm.php

Ok. Go to Ebay, hassle the guy selling the p93... make him an offer, he is never going to sell it for 999.00..

Or make an offer on the sunburst riviera...

I know by a fact that the guy is going to take 500.00 as a reasonable offer.

Then get a Bigsby...

Thats what Ill do if I could buy another Riviera...

Good luck.

man i offered that d bag 675 all ready and he said "thanks for the offer" i got some news for him, i just recently got off the phone with chris, marketing , over at the epiphone headquaters and he says that they are expecting more P93's in around the end of March, he says it is a limited edition guitar, but it has not finished its sales run yet, I just got mine back ordered from music friend, so for all the na sayers out there and for those who realy wanted one, just wait they will be back in a month or two!!!!!

I did it, not the one from peliganmusic, just because i cant get any info from those guys except they wont shipt the guitar with out haveing acces to my bank account info sooo...... i called up musiciansfriend.com and varified with them and the main man at epiphone that they were endeed gettin these sweet machines in, and I ordered it for 499.99 they said it should be in around the end of March so I am just gonna wait for her to araive. and those xaiver guits are pretty sweet but is that thing a semi or a true hollow body, i might just buy one of those to beat around on

How's that Little Giant?

pretty much one of the greatest investments I have ever made, I have had it since about agust, I have broken this little guy in real nice, I bought the mini stack , the cab that it comes with is pretty nice and has excelent tone, I have tryed it on a few other cab configs, my AC30 2x12 that was real sweet and, i got a little 2x10 cab with some peavy speakers in it, all pretty different tones for this head, the main thing is I am a college student and haveing lived in various apartments and houses, I have gotten my fair share of noise ordence tickes, here in Baton Rouge, way to exspinsive, this guy come with a sweet 5 to 3 watt switch and i just put the speaker in the 4 ohm jack, and I can crank it up and it will get nasty with out pissin every one off, i would deff recomend getn any of there stuff, I want the 15 wattr, realy want there 100 wattr ,but if you search the net, epis got a new head 18 valve senior, and vox has got the night train 20 watt head both are very interesting to me... oh and of corse im playin my 2004 dot, and my swamp ash tele throu the black heart good stuff man

I was crusin the net trying to find my one and only true love ' date=' the epi riviera P93, i ordered on of ebay the day after christmas and it ended up being sent back and became one of those U fix guys. can any one tell me if the web site is laget? or just a scam...... and if any one has any info if they are coming back out with these, i called musicfriend and they told me that they would be gettin more in around March. heres the site with the rivs http://pelangimusic.net/store/index.php?searchStr=riviera&act=viewCat&Submit=Go ..... or just got to pelangimusic.net[/quote']

I;ve contacted these guys, this is the email I sent:

I'm interested in an "Epiphone Limited Edition Riviera Custom P93 Electric Guitar", I would like to know if you could supply a Hardcase for the guitar at the same time.

And their response:

The price of Epiphone Limited Edition Riviera Custom P93 Electric Guitar

(Wine Red) EPIN21 including hardcase.

is US$369.99 and the free shipping cost.

To this time we have 3 stock.

For an Intenational order we only accept money transfer.

All international order will be ship with Fedex International priority

with the estimated delivery reach 3 - 4days.

They also have Gretsch's half price, US$499 for a G5120 Electromatic Hollowbody, listed as US$1000 in Gretsch's catalogue/price list.

Found this info on that company too.

Business Type: Mail order,Manufacturer,Distributor,

Capital: 10,000,000 - 50,000,000

Annual Turnover: 1,000,000 - 5,000,000

Products/Services we offer: musical instruments

QA/QC Service: In House

Contact Information

Company Name: Pelangi Music

(Distributor, Manufacturer, Mail order)

Contact Person: Jonny Indo

Phone: +62 22-727 5559

Fax: +62 22-727 5599

Business Address: Jl. Bojong Wetan No.07,Bandung,Indonesia(ID)

Web Site: http://www.pelangimusic.net

E-Mail: info@pelangimusic.net

A better contact person is the Sales Manager Shinta Perdana though it was Jonny who handled the email laid out in my last post, I hadn't found out about Shinta then.

http://www.asianproducts.com/supplier_2/pelangi-music_A12290623087103988.htm

do you think it is a safe way to order like that' date=' through a forign company? the prices just sound to go to be true with this stuff and I am just a college student i dont want to pay the doe and have no guitar show up ya know[/quote']

Not if they want your bank account number. That sounds like phishing.

Archived